Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Julien Baker Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Tim, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

2. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

I got to see her at SXSW and she was awesome. Luckily she's playing around here in a couple of months too, so I can see her in a bit more of a suitable venue - the SXSW one was in the sun outside, and yes, I got burned.

3. Hey me too. The 1975's "If I Believe You" hit me hard.

4. I saw Julien Baker play at the Parish at SXSW. Beautiful set. The whole room just stood perfectly still and watched her play. It was really moving.

5. Laura

Bozo did the dub Prestigious

I'm seeing her for the first time later this month. I've heard nothing but great things about her live, so I can't wait.

teebs41 likes this.
  6. MrScott

I was there too. So great.

7. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

absolutely love this album. if anyone's seen it, her interview with "kids interview bands" is awesome too. can't wait to see her live. I hope sooner rather than later. "something" is my fav.

8. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

She is a huge inspiration on the music I've been writing lately. Her guitar tone especially, I think it sounds great and tried to somewhat replicate it on a track I recorded last night. Awesome, awesome stuff.

Jacob Tender likes this.
  9. I was the tall guy up front I'm pretty sure she locked eyes with and smiled at.

I mean, okay. It probably didn't actually happen that way, but it damn sure felt like it. What a show.

10. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

11. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Oh thanks, I thought it's supposed to be out around autumn! Sounds great!

12. Jakobindeed

My Whole Life is Thunder Prestigious

Both of the new songs she played when I saw her sounded devastating, very excited for whatever she does next. Also she's way smaller in person than I was expecting I towered over her haha

13. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

There are live sessions of good quality with a song called "Funeral Pyre", have you heard that maybe? I'm sure that's one of the new songs she plays live.

She actually looks kinda tiny, I'd love to meet her in person though. So much in common with her, it really adds to the relation I have with her music :))

14. Jakobindeed

My Whole Life is Thunder Prestigious

Yeah, Funeral Pyre was the one I knew as Sad Song #11, she played that and then one about electricians that I've never heard anywhere else, if anyone has a video of it that'd be cool to see again

15. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

I've already spotted 2 new songs on youtube, which one of them was "Funeral Pyre", so the other one is probably also out there, but it wasn't filmed in any good quality, just some mobile phone footage.

16. Her voice is just SOOOOO FUCKING GOOD! How does she always sound absolutely perfect?!

17. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

I went from saying I didn't listen much because it's an exhausting listen to putting this on every other day

18. Jake Z

Regular

That's cool! What type of local scene is the group for? It would be cool to see if she's into music from this scene.

19. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

As far as I've gone into interviews etc., she's probably got a great music taste actually ;d

20. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

that Elliott Smith cover she did seriously blew me away.

teebs41 likes this.
  21. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Wondering if you saw this interview? She mentions this -

Link: Discovery: Julien Baker

22. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

From the same interview I just posted

:teethsmile:

23. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

@lightning13 I did! Or at least I've seen her talk about it before. I'm really glad she's been able to maintain that relationship and I hope other people (especially in the community) stop being close-minded about it

24. Lucas27

Trusted

I think I said this in another thread, but this is one of those rare albums to me that was really sad when I listened at first, but now it's cathartic and even joyful to me. "Rejoice" is just amazing. The last minute or so of that song is single-handedly one of the most memorable moments in music for me last year.

25. manoverboard365

Trusted

She's all I've been listening to these past few weeks.

She's my most anticipated set at FYF this year.