Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Julien Baker Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Tim, Mar 7, 2016.

1. subplotofcrows

A Grand Scene For A Color Film Prestigious

Yeah, it's really hard for me to listen to all the way through in a sitting. It's one of the only albums that gets me so emotional I have to turn it off. Listen to "Rejoice" a lot on it's own.

2. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Lucky you :-p

3. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

I'm in the mood for that kind of downer album pretty much constantly.

Jake Z likes this.
  4. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Meerkat likes this.
  5. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Loved the album. Disappointed with myself that I didn't listen to it sooner.

6. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Yay, welcome the the bandwagon. The price of admission is probably higher than it would've been when the album first came out, but we've still got some spacious legroom for now. Someday soon I imagine we'll be booked tight.

7. She joined the Facebook group that I admin for my hometown's local scene the other day. No idea why, but it was certainly a cool notification to get.

8. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Haha I will definitely have to go listen to that first album.

9. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

This is the first one I think??

Anticitizen7 likes this.
  10. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Sorry read that as "when the first album came out" not as you typed it haha. I can't read apparently.

11. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

All good. I just wanted to make sure I didn't somehow miss one.

Deanna likes this.
  12. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Definitely just that one. But safe to say I'll be listening to everything else she releases going forward!

13. Jeff

Regular Prestigious

Decided she'd be my first ever Chorus.fm avatar.

Seriously can't get enough of this album, it doesn't get old.

Meerkat likes this.
  14. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

Ugh i just love this album so much. i've been listening to it even more after seeing her live. so fucking amazing. rejoice sends me into chills every damn time.

15. falafelmywaffle

Without music, life would be a mistake. Supporter

Rejoice is definitely my favorite song on Sprained Ankle. I should've pulled the trigger to buy tickets for her NYC show, sold out now.

16. My favorite always changes with this album. Right now, it's probably Good News. Reminds me of her live performance of the song, which haunts me every time I play it back.

17. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

wassup.

Something was the first song I heard from her and probably still my favorite. I'm obsessed with the main guitar lick.
    The video of her playing it alone in a parking garage at night... oh my god.

18. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Everyone Does is probably my favorite. It's all my favorite

Meerkat likes this.
  19. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

Go Home is in very close competition with Rejoice for my favorite.

20. MrScott

I urge everyone in this thread to do whatever it takes to see her live. I've seen her twice (Los Angeles and SXSW) and it was just perfect each time.

21. MrRobot

Twitter/IG: @scott325

I'm seeing her both at an in-store, and a regular show later that night in a couple of weeks and I honestly haven't been this excited to see a live performer in a couple years. I couldn't be more hyped.

MrScott likes this.
  22. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

She's playing a few hours away from me in a couple weeks, but it's on a weeknight which means it's a no go for me

23. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Album still hits me just has hard every single time.

24. MrRobot

Twitter/IG: @scott325

This (along with the "Go Home" performance from the Audiotree session) has become regular viewing for me at this point. I can't even count how many times I've gone back.

teebs41 likes this.
  25. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

I swear half of the audiotree views are from me alone

Anthony Brooks likes this.