Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Julien Baker - Turn Out The Lights (October 27, 2017) Album • Page 27

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Firefly, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Can we not do a bracket for an artist that's putting an album out literally in two days lol

2. ghostxvapor

Trusted

Mine just arrived

3. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

I can't imagine anyone who's human to not at least feel something from her incredible lyrics.

coleslawed, RyanRyan, Joe4th and 2 others like this.
  4. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

Mine is still left on pre-shipment. Anyone know if I should reach out to Matador or USPS? Been like this since Monday morning.

5. ghostxvapor

Trusted

:( You can see what's up with USPS. They'll elaborate on what it means

6. RyanRyan likes this.
  7. ghostxvapor

Trusted

Give me a sec. I'll direct message the audio to you. Kidding. I'm sure some knucklehead will leak it soon

RyanRyan and bradsonemanband like this.
  8. Firefly

emotional motion sickness

UK Peeps who've ordered through Matador - I've sent them an email querying if we're likely to get it by Friday. My gut feeling is no and that makes me sad. I shall keep you updated.

RyanRyan and awakeohsleeper like this.
  9. ghostxvapor

Trusted

The good thing with having the tracking number is that it can be looked into. Hopefully they'll arrive on time. I'm wondering if people are getting their 6131 records yet

maryp1603 likes this.
  10. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Friend just asked me what I'm doing tonight.... tempted to say IM BUSY, just in case this does leak.

dylan, maryp1603 and Firefly like this.
  11. ghostxvapor

Trusted

(Go out with your friend)

loudasallgetout likes this.
  12. Firefly

emotional motion sickness

And then leave immediately if you get notified that it's leaked.

13. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

I'd rather cry in my room alone.

dadbolt, dylan and RyanRyan like this.
  14. RyanRyan

Banquet sent out their copies today. Assume if Matador don’t then it’ll be first class tomorrow!

15. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

Matt Chylak likes this.
  16. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Had an extremely busy weekend but still should have grinned and bore it to go to this show on Sunday night.

17. ghostxvapor

Trusted

I understand and can't tell you (or anyone) what to do. I think about times I skipped out on friends for music.
    They might've needed me and I wasn't there for them

18. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Very true. He just wants to play video games though. We're smashing an NHL season. I will have time for both!

bradsonemanband likes this.
  19. ghostxvapor

Trusted

Let's go Fly- I mean the team you will use!

20. janexo

Regular

mines getting sent out first class (can't remember if i picked that or it was just standard) so if they send it out tomorrow hopefully we'll still get it by friday. let me know their response tho!

21. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

Let's all appreciate that one of the listening parties is giving away Dunkin coffee.

RyanRyan, Barresi, dylan and 3 others like this.
  22. ghostxvapor

Trusted

It's funny how much she loves that coffee

Barresi, Zac Djamoos and dylan like this.
  23. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

this album is being pushed hard as an aoty topper for all the big publications, going to be wild

24. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

I don't know how many publication lists it will top, but I can definitely see it being mentioned in a lot of top 5 or 10, and really catapulting her next year.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  25. henryviolence

Incredible show last night . I've seen some of the best bands of all time play live and I've never seen someone make a room go silent for as long as she did. It was somber but in the best way. Like if death cab played transatlanticism and passenger seat over and over. Also, grabbed the vinyl... the new record is beautiful to say the least. Everything you liked about the first but evolved into something even more powerful.