Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Julien Baker - Turn Out The Lights (October 27, 2017) Album • Page 81

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Firefly, Aug 17, 2017.

1. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Lindsey Jordan is 19 I think, which is wild

RyanRyan likes this.
  2. RyanRyan

Can’t imagine getting the opportunity to play music all over the world at such a young age. Such talented folk.

coleslawed and teebs41 like this.

3. Probably not the best indication of how Julien is doing, but it's at least an indication of what she's been up to.

Barresi, RyanRyan and Kevin360 like this.
  4. RyanRyan

New Julien Baker songs on Spotify rn. Tokyo and Sucker Punch
    Nvm there’s a new thread

theagentcoma and Bartek T. like this.
  5. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Listening to this for the first time in quite a while and it's incredible

6. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

3 years old today. Still means the world to me.

7. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

How is this three years old? That went by so damn fast.

8. Lucas27

Trusted

This album describes what depression is like better than maybe any album I've listened to. I wonder if most people who don't struggle would find it a hard listen, but for me it's deeply comforting.

9. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

This x 10000

Lucas27 likes this.
  10. I find both her albums tough listens (Sprained Ankle got me through a lot of rough shit so I have those memories attached, and this because of its lyrical content) but this knocks me back on a hard day. In spite of that, I've connected really strongly with both of them.

Bartek T. and Lucas27 like this.
  11. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Sour Breath kills me every time. Seeing that live was unbelievable

Bartek T., coleslawed and bigmike like this.
  12. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

One of the most important albums in my life

13. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Fantastic album. Cannot believe it is 3 years old already. Time sure does fly.

Bartek T. and bigmike like this.
  14. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Truly a masterpiece. I don't think I've ever connected with an album more than this

Bartek T. and AshlandATeam like this.
  15. Bartek T., maryp1603, bigmike and 2 others like this.
  16. AshlandATeam

Trusted

This came out shortly before I was diagnosed as bipolar. I had spent the previous year suicidal, but since I have an anxiety disorder and panic attacks, I didn’t think to get help for quite some time. This record was a band-aid for me - I loved Sprained Ankle, but this felt like someone singing my own thoughts and insecurities back to me, and it felt wonderful to have someone else in the world understand. I don’t think any album has ever meant to me what this one did; it didn’t ‘save my life,’ but it was a life preserver as I figured out what steps I needed to take in order to save my life.

After it was the most listened to album for me from the end of 2017-2019, though, there came a point when I just couldn’t listen to it anymore. It’s just too linked to that time in my life that I’ve (thankfully) moved on from. And while my brain will never be fixed, I really hope to never be back there again like I was when I listened to this every single day. I’ll always love Turn Out the Lights, but it’s just too close to home to listen to these days.

17. jonasjaevel

Regular

This record, especially Hurt Less, helped me through the tough times after the information that the singer in my favourite band had sexually assaulted girls. I think I listened to the Hurt Less on repeat for a whole week after the news came out. Today, this record is one of the most important in my life. Julien has also become one of my favourite artists!

18. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Sour Breath cover by Off With Their Heads

19. Bartek T. Feb 6, 2024
    (Last edited: Feb 6, 2024)
    Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

shoot, missed it, has anybody got it somehwere else to stream?

edit: I've found an article saying those are songs from them being dropped for one day only, so there's that. Also found a review on youtube with a guy not really knowing it's a cover, must say I went with that and listened with him pausing for comments, so obviously that took away the feeling, but fine, I was mostly just curious