Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Julien Baker - Turn Out The Lights (October 27, 2017) Album • Page 79

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Firefly, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Anthony_ Apr 15, 2019
    (Last edited: Apr 15, 2019)
    Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Whelp, here you are tagging me into this thread again when I said I was done with the gross behavior in here over the last two days and you and everyone else can have the thread without me. Leave me the hell alone.

bigmike likes this.
  2. Lucas27

Trusted

So sad I missed Julien Baker in Decatur this weekend. Still haven’t seen her live.

3. Michael Qualiano

mikeq

I'm assuming a new LP would be more likely for 2020 rather than this year correct?

teebs41 likes this.
  4. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Finally playing the Red Door vinyl-- wow. I really loved the demo, but this sounds incredible.

teebs41, RyanRyan and coleslawed like this.
  5. RyanRyan

I’ve been relentlessly playing Conversation Piece. Adore the lyrics and the instrumentation. Sat zoning out thinking about the whole concept of silently existing to cater for someone else out of a sense of responsibility/love and/or guilt and it hit home a little too hard. Julien has a way with words that I really, really level with.

6. RyanRyan Apr 16, 2019
    (Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2019)
    RyanRyan

And just damn the first two lines hurt me. I’ve been on the receiving end of the exact same conversation too many times now. I don’t understand people. Sigh. Excellent song.

teebs41 likes this.
  7. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

I only miss some of the bluegrass guitar fills on this new version of Red Door ;d but otherwise both songs are amazing!

8. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

I wish there was a good quality vinyl rip for my phone. 192 kbps sounds awful through headphones.

9. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

She’s playing a free show in Chicago on my birthday
    :verysad:

coleslawed and maryp1603 like this.
  10. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

coleslawed and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  11. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Huh??? Where/when?

12. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

13. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I went when I was working at my last job. I got there at like 6PM I want to say and got in no problem.

14. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Oh ok awesome. I've always been a little scared of these. Probably going to try to get to Vince Staples, Taking Back Sunday, and Anderson Paak too, though I definitely expect difficulty with those last two.

15. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m probably going to try all of those, or at least Taking Back Sunday, too.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  16. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

See y’all there!

17. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Just an FYI: You need to RSVP whenever RSVPs are on sale (it’s free I just couldn’t think of a better word). You need an RSVP to get in to the venue.

18. Jim

Trusted Supporter

how big is this venue?

19. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

When I went to a Vans show here in Brooklyn, they also cut the line at some point. Even if you have VIP I don't think it's guaranteed if they hit the cap, so keep that in mind.

20. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Between 300-500 cap I think

21. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Capacity is 500 people.

22. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

23. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

This is simply incredible. I want Jack to produce a Julien Baker album (I think he's even expressed interest in an interview).

24. Kyle is hk

Not Kyle Shanahan Prestigious

That honestly sounds like a really awkward combination.

25. BoldTitan

Trusted

I'd love for her to come back to Orlando or Florida. Last show she played was with petal, pinegrove and Kevin in 2016. It's been far too long.