Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Julien Baker - Turn Out The Lights (October 27, 2017) Album • Page 69

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Firefly, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Kyle is hk

Not Kyle Shanahan Prestigious

I haven’t been following this thread but I assume y’all already agreed this was AOTY 2017 right?

2. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

went last night in Northampton. She’s so talented

3. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Of course the first show I go to after moving back to New York is in Jersey.

Kyle is hk and Fronnyfron like this.
  4. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Phoebe Bridgers was mine. This was in the top 5

navidson and Kennedy like this.
  5. zmtr

Trusted

Kennedy, teebs41 and Ryan Gardner like this.
  6. St. Nate

She was a little off tonight, I feel.

7. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

You're a little off

8. manoverboard365

Trusted

Just got home from the show tonight. Definitely a great show, but something did seem at little strange with Julien. During "Red Door" she stopped midway through and sounded like she was about to cry, and then started the song over.

9. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

I mean, she did just round out five shows in five days.

teebs41 likes this.
  10. What was that about a fight that broke out at one of her shows recently?

teebs41 likes this.
  11. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Two drunk guys in the back of the theater in Providence, talking all through her set very loudly. They were asked to be quiet multiple times, then asked to leave. They refused. One of the guys was dragged out kicking and screaming by security. I heard police also came through/might have actually done the removal, and there were a few cruisers out front when the show ended, but I don’t know about that part.

12. Kyle is hk

Didn’t want to say it but yeah.

Also, maybe I’m just getting old, but I never realized how much more brutal is on your back to stand still for an entire set than it is to dance and shit. One of the rare times I rather be seated. Was honestly for the best that she barely played over an hour.

sophos34 and awakeohsleeper like this.
  13. St. Nate

I've been realized this but that's just my body ever since I was younger.

Maybe she has allergies? I have allergies. I'd hate to perform with allergies.

Kyle is hk likes this.
  14. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

Turn Out The Lights is what keeps by 11 month old asleep during naps...I am literally grateful for this album.

coleslawed and Larry David like this.
  15. Kyle is hk

Have you ever heard beer cans open louder?

16. St. Nate

Yes, but the two other times I saw Julien.

17. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Blows my mind that anybody goes to a Julien show with any intent other than watching in awe and shutting up

Kyle is hk and awakeohsleeper like this.
  18. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Kennedy likes this.
  19. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

There was some dude in the front row of my show in MA (it was a seated venue luckily) loudly singing along to all of the songs with the rest of the crowd completely silent. I could only hear him a few times but man that must have been so annoying to anyone directly next to him.

20. manoverboard365

Trusted

I had to fight back the urge to sing a long the whole show. Luckily on songs like Everybody Does, Sour Breath, Even and Something the crowd was quietly singing so I jumped in on those.

21. AshlandATeam

Trusted

Everything y'all are talking about is why I'm iffy to even go to shows more than a couple times a year. Even in good crowds, people can be awful - when I saw Julien in Missouri earlier this month, you couldn't hear what she was saying in between songs because of banter/folks yelling to the stage dumb crap and song titles. And this past Sunday, when I saw Brian Fallon, a drunk girl lost her credit card during the last song and was frantically looking around with the flashlight on her phone and loudly trying to get everyone to help her find it (this one was actually pretty funny because my wife helped her find it in her pants pocket... but still. It was like half the last song being distracted). And those were relatively fun crowds.

I have no idea why people are disrespectful of other people at shows. And the artist. But it can really ruin the whole experience, that's for sure.

jpmalone4 and awakeohsleeper like this.
  22. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Dubin knows whats up

coleslawed and maryp1603 like this.
  23. Colin Your Enthusiasm

24. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

I also experienced the one dude insistent upon singing AND HARMONINZING at the last show

Matt likes this.
  25. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Ryan Gardner, Barresi and teebs41 like this.