Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Julien Baker - Little Oblivions (February 26, 2021; Matador) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Jun 8, 2019.

1. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

The leap from "I have a right to speculate about someone's private life" to "I am entitled to know about someone's private life and will do so at great cost to that person" is not very far and there are countless examples of fans crossing lines with regards to artists simply because they feel entitled to do so. Words matter so perhaps we should all be a little more respectful and cognizant of what we are putting out into the world, if for no one else then for Julien herself.

2. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

a good rule of thumb: don’t speculate about a strangers well being. Also, “she’s a public figure” doesn’t mean she loses a right to privacy

3. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Understandable!

K0ta likes this.
  4. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

Julien deserves her privacy and to deal with whatever she is going through in private. I realize I posted about the lyric changes, which I think can be mentioned but shouldn’t be overtly over-analyzed and picked apart, more of just a minute observation, but coming online in a public forum and saying she doesn’t seem ok, let’s discuss what could be wrong with her is demoralizing, so let’s move on and learn from this experience.

5. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

coleslawed and oncenowagain like this.
  6. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

Hype

7. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

I remember her stating how Moses Sumney’s music had been really vibing with her and ever since then I’ve had this expectation of her incorporating electronic/percussive elements and some innovative vocal production. I’d be happy with mostly whatever she does, but would like to see what she’d do in that lane.

Bartek T., coleslawed and Justin Roux like this.
  8. username

hey you lil piss baby

I did not know she's ever spoken of Moses Sumney and now the idea of her getting a bunch of emo kids into his work is bringing me a lot of joy

9. Moses Sumney is truly one of the only good things about humanity

10. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

Not to derail this thread and please don’t crucify me for what I’m about to say, but I’ve never heard of Moses Sumney, so any initial song recs?

oncenowagain likes this.
  11. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

I really should listen to his album again. I liked it when I heard it but never really went back to it.

oncenowagain likes this.
  12. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

The first song I heard of his was Doomed and I was in love

maryp1603 likes this.
  13. username

hey you lil piss baby

“Rank & File” is a great one off of his latest EP, but you can’t go wrong with anything of Aromanticism or the Lamentations EP. He’s also got a cool feature on the latest James Blake record.

maryp1603 likes this.
  14. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

maryp1603 and oncenowagain like this.
  15. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

coleslawed likes this.
  16. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

17. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

18. arewhyayein

Regular Supporter

coleslawed and maryp1603 like this.
  19. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Imgur Image

20. Night Channels

Trusted

I was looking forward to ACL Live for months...

That cancellation email from Paramount really caught me by surprise. This really sucks, but I hope she's okay and recovers from whatever is going on.

21. mesi

Regular

Just got word from my local venue that apparently all currently planned live shows have been cancelled.

22. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Wow. I really hope she's ok...

23. Jim

Trusted Supporter

24. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I dont like the "baker has yet to address the cancellation".. like no shit, that shouldnt even be a focus right now, what's important is her health. Not a big deal, and maybe I'm reading into it too much but that just rubbed me the wrong way.

25. Philll

Trusted

I mean yeah, we have the information that shows are cancelled because of health problems. What's left to address? All that line is is "she hasn't told us what's wrong yet".

coleslawed, Cameron and sonder like this.