Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Julien Baker – “Hardline” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Frank Lapidus

Regular Supporter

Holy shit. This is incredible. Damn.

3. ThumbsUpComics

Dumb guy

Really good song and a technically very impressive video. While I do miss the simplicity of Julien's voice with just a guitar I am also blown away by her ability to create these soundscapes that add further depth and emotion to her songs. It's great.

4. matthewrobert13

This is freaking awesome. A nice progression into a larger, explosive sound for Julien. I’m excited for the record.

CMilliken and falafelmywaffle like this.
  5. surgerone

Regular Supporter

I find it hard to go back to Turn out the lights often, so I’m very down with some different song textures

6. the entire album is a spectacular progression from the last album - her voice has never sounded stronger and there is a lot fun wrinkles and textures thrown into the songwriting.

Bartek T., Toner, surgerone and 8 others like this.
  7. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

I'm always a little worried when an artist goes from a solo act to a "full band", but from what I've heard so far, my body is definitely ready for this.

surgerone likes this.
  8. Toner

A Welshy in London Supporter

This album is going to blow our minds, isn't it? This is such an unexpected (but very welcome) evolution.

9. SAB22

adulting22.bandcamp.com Prestigious

So good, had to pre-order after hearing this one.

10. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Perfection! And I think that's the best video she's put out since "Sprained Ankle" - as for my tastes of course