Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Julia Michaels Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jacob Tender, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Jacob Tender Feb 6, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 6, 2019)

Julia Michaels cut her teeth writing hits for artists like Demi Lovato, Justin Beiber, Selena Gomez, Gwen Stefani, Scott Stapp, and more before seriously striking out on her own.

In 2017, she released Nervous System which featured her smash hit "Issues." In January of 2019, she released the Inner Monologue, Part 1 EP which has features from Selena Gomez and Niall Horan.

Major Label Discography:
    Inner Monologue, Part 1 EP (2018)
    Nervous System EP (2017)

2. I'm a big fan of Julia's. I think she's a genuinely great songwriter with a unique ear (and voice) for melodies. Inner Monologue, Part 1 is one of my favorite releases this year. Very honest and open about her relationship to anxiety and how that's affected her art and relationships. It's also catchy as Hell.

Someone listen to "Happy" and tell me Tiny Moving Parts wouldn't do a fantastic rendition of the tune.

3. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I met this her on a show I was working on. I had no idea who she was and she came over and introduced herself to me as Julia. Very sweet, genuine and unassuming. It’s always nice to work with successful/famous people who are willing to introduce themselves. Kinda means they’re humble and don’t think everyone in the world knows who they are. Classy.

Jacob Tender likes this.
  4. eight30

Regular

Happy is my favorite song on the new EP. I should listen to her first one.

5. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

6. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

This is great

7. She's been killing it with cross-overs.

8. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Jacob Tender likes this.
  9. irthesteve

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  10. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Yussss

11. It’ll be hard to top the Inner Monologues, but I’m here for the attempt!

12. irthesteve

I love Lie Like This and the other two are solid, I'll certainly at least enjoy the full album

13. irthesteve

14. Just wrapping up my first listen of the record. It doesn't strike me like the Inner Monologues, but it's a solid record!

15. irthesteve

Yeah it's got some good stuff on it, nice little album