Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jude Law to Play Young Dumbledore in ‘Fantastic Beasts’ Sequel

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Jude Law will be playing Dumbledore in the upcoming Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them sequel.

Rowling, who made her screenwriting debut on “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them,” has also written the script for the second installment, which is set in an increasingly dark time for the wizarding world, where Newt Scamander and company have to decide on their allegiances.

2. efp722

Regular

Totally acceptable/safe casting. Same with Brolin as Cable. BUT, i think the more interesting casting would be to flip it. I'd love to see Brolin play a young Dumbledore and Law as cable.

Raku likes this.
  3. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

I'd like a new Brand New album sometime soon. Sorry if this is unrelated but it seemed like an appropriate place to post this.

4. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

"Newt Scamander and a Semester Abroad"

5. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

i hate that big franchises are now the way movies will eb made

Raku likes this.
  6. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

...aaaaaand with this bit of casting, all three dudes who filled in for Heath Ledger in The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus are now a part of these movies.

Despite my love for all things HP, I just can't get into the thought of more of these. It sucks that nothing in film can have an end anymore.

7. efp722

Regular

I agree. Would have rathered a standalone book or trilogy from JK going over the backstory of Dumbledore and Grindlewald. But even that would be unnecessary as the the DH gave us all we needed to know about their relationship.

That being said, Jude Law is going to be great. Ever see The Holiday? I'm picturing his scenes with his two young daughters. Those parts are both equally beautiful and sad as he is doing the best he can raising two girls by himself since his wife/their mother passed away. He brought the perfect amount of sadness and pride to that bit. I can see his Dumbledore living in a space similar to that. Someone who is happy as a teacher and fostering young minds for greatness while knowing that he lost a dear friend who is now going through some dark shit.

8. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Only here to say Jude Law is a very good actor.

9. NitrateDawn

Regular

I just hope this brings a resurgence of Young Pope jokes in some form

10. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Same. But they see the dolla dolla bills ya'll

11. CMilliken

Trusted

Thank you for this. Literally laughed out loud in the library at school.

Bayside 182 likes this.
  12. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious