Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

JRR Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings, and Other Middle-Earth Stories Book • Page 19

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Garrett, May 14, 2016.

1. GBlades

Trusted

2. OwainGlyndwr

I am the Aleutian allusion illusion Supporter

3. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

these "extracted" books are cash grabs for people like us who are like "oh this is pretty" and it's 40 pages of story already in the silmarillion with a couple handwritten essays at the back, haha. i own all of them, thanks for asking

4. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

5. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I wasn’t ready

6. GBlades

Trusted

B02E868F-2BE3-4B95-8014-91A600CCF9F5.jpeg 0B88365A-33D7-4A93-B8A3-5D5A4C1303A6.jpeg HarperCollins is donating books to our local charity warehouse and I managed to bag HOME, LOTR and Tales from the Perilous Realm for £31! Also got Clash of Kings for £5!! Such a bargain. Ended up donating a lot though because I felt like I was robbing them.

7. Garrett

Brother Beck likes this.
  8. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i wish i didnt see that

Zilla, Brother Beck and OwainGlyndwr like this.
  9. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

They need a shire lego set. Or Mt Doom

coleslawed and Brother Beck like this.
  10. Garrett

Minas Tirith

coleslawed and Brother Beck like this.
  11. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Saw the Lviv Philharmonic play the score along The Fellowship of the Ring in Radio City on Monday and my friends and I were floored, loved every second of it. Would be nice to be able to see the movie better, but was really all to focus on the players.

OwainGlyndwr likes this.
  12. OwainGlyndwr

I am the Aleutian allusion illusion Supporter

There are actually some pretty great Lego sets from the movies. I have Shelob, Helm's Deep, the Council of Elrond, and the Black Gate, all set up at my parents' house. I think I might also have Barrel Escape from the Hobbit; I should check the next time I'm there.

But this new Rings of Power Rivendell looks incredible. Definitely don't have the funds for it. Just have to keep telling myself that.

Brother Beck likes this.
  13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Brother Beck likes this.
  14. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Is this LOTR movies like the Amazon show is an "LOTR show" or are these legit Lord of the Rings movies...???

15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Actual lord of the rings,Amazon totally fucked up with their deal

Brother Beck likes this.
  16. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Wow. Honestly, that feels kinda nuts. But I guess those movies came out when I was in college and I'm turning 40 in a couple weeks. An eternity in Hollywood time.

17. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

No way they will remake them so idk what the new films will consist of. Hopefully not the rumored spin-offs for Aragorn and Gandalf

18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

19. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

If Peter Jackson is on board then I’m on board. The Hobbit films were eh, but LOTR is still the greatest film trilogy ever made.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  20. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Sounds likely based off of this bit from that article unfortunately:

And Warner Bros. film bosses Michael De Luca and Pamela Abdy signaled that they are not interested in a retread of what Jackson has already done, saying in their own statement: “Twenty years ago, New Line took an unprecedented leap of faith to realize the incredible stories, characters and world of The Lord of the Rings on the big screen. The result was a landmark series of films that have been embraced by generations of fans. But for all the scope and detail lovingly packed into the two trilogies, the vast, complex and dazzling universe dreamed up by J.R.R. Tolkien remains largely unexplored on film. The opportunity to invite fans deeper into the cinematic world of Middle-earth is an honor, and we are excited to partner with Middle-earth Enterprises and Embracer on this adventure.”

Sounds like they’re looking to create a full on Tolkienverse, which I’m not altogether adverse to given the wealth of material out there to adapt but then this bit of detail from Embracer does give me a bit of pause:

"Other opportunities include exploring additional movies based on iconic characters such as Gandalf, Aragorn, Gollum, Galadriel, Eowyn, and other characters from the literary works of J.R.R. Tolkien," Embracer said. It will also "continue to provide new opportunities for fans to explore this fictive world through merchandising and other experiences."

https://www.ign.com/articles/lord-of-the-rings-gandalf-aragorn-gollum-spin-off-movies

Hard to say I’m completely against it when I flat out love Rings of Power, but I do hesitate a bit at the notion of yet another attempt at replicating the MCU with such a beloved IP. If it turns out great and I get more Tolkien content I will love and can share one day with my kids, I’ll be very happy. Just approaching it for now with caution I guess.

dpatrick23 and Rowan5215 like this.
  21. oakhurst Feb 23, 2023
    (Last edited: Feb 23, 2023)
    oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I can see it now.

The Lord of the Rings: The Fall of Sméagol - Summer 2026

Why can’t they just let good things be.

22. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

just gimme a Numenor movie and I'm good

23. Garrett

The Fall of Gondolin plz

24. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

25. ryan murphy

Regular Supporter

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.