Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

JRR Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings, and Other Middle-Earth Stories Book • Page 18

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Garrett, May 14, 2016.

1. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Name recognition is pretty key there, so I doubt it. But I wish they would. Even “Tolkien’s Middle-Earth” would be less clunky.

coleslawed likes this.
  2. Watched the hobbit movies over the last week for the first time in years and they're so crappy. Zero emotional beats in any of them. When Keely and feely die it doesn't hit at all. Martin Freeman comes close to giving us something a few times but is held back by bad writing. CGI is trash. Dain lol who allowed that to happen.

Excited for the new show, hopefully it gives us good middle earth

3. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I watched the first and second hobbit films in theaters and didn’t even care to watch the last film.

4. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

BF935DC1-25E2-4953-B9D7-1FFEE3174D7B.jpeg

stars143 likes this.
  5. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

do better

6. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

listen, like 98% of Lotr memes are potatoes, Aragon’s foot, aye I could do that, and Gandalf keeping his secrets. This was the first fresh one in a while lol

phaynes12 and Penlab like this.
  7. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

my buddy sent me these two last week and i enjoyed them
    3DAE86F5-3C8F-44BA-990E-A5E9D787718C.jpeg
    FFA3747D-0CEF-424E-BCE1-C261C193ED99.jpeg

justin. likes this.
  9. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Meant to come post that yesterday and forgot lol

Elrond rapping in elvish is awesome

10. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

phaynes12 likes this.
  11. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

12. GBlades

Trusted

coleslawed and stars143 like this.
  13. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Yes yes

14. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Finally a release date

15. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I've been rewatching the films and I think it's time to listen to the audiobooks again

Maybe even get around to The Silmarillion

coleslawed likes this.
  16. exanctile

Fight the long defeat.

Have you had a chance to hear Andy Serkis's new recording of the books? His version of The Hobbit was excellent but I haven't gotten around to listening to LOTR from him yet.

17. ChaseTx

Did he do LOTR too? I saw that Hoopla has his Hobbit and I was gonna start with that, but the LOTR ones are read by Rob Inglis

exanctile likes this.
  18. OwainGlyndwr

I am the Aleutian allusion illusion Supporter

Yep, he did LOTR as well. Fantastic narration.

Now I just want Ian McKellan doing the Silmarillion. His Odyssey was so good.

exanctile, coleslawed and ChaseTx like this.
  19. ChaseTx

I started his reading of The Hobbit yesterday and it's great. Unfortunately there's a 25 week wait on Libby for his Fellowship, so I'll just have to settle for the Inglis one

exanctile likes this.
  20. exanctile

Fight the long defeat.

Does anyone have experience with the Shadow of Mordor games? As a big Tolkien and Arkham fan (which I hear the games are similar to) I'm intrigued, but I'm curious how the story feels compared to the official canon, if anyone's played them.

21. ChaseTx

I played the first one, but it was the PS3 version, which was kind of a broken port and also was missing a major feature from the PS4 version. It was still fun. Felt like Arkham or Assassin's Creed. I still need to get around to the second one

I don't remember a whole lot of the plot but it felt right, but very video gamey haha

exanctile likes this.
  22. Shadows of Mordor is fun but I must have sucked because it was pretty hard for me

exanctile likes this.
  23. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

ooo this interests me. I bought the LOTR audiobook for our long road trip and we didn’t get very far into it because we found it to be kind of bad tbh. Does Serkis do different voices for the characters? I had gotten used to that with the Game of Thrones audiobooks so I think I’d appreciate that

exanctile likes this.
  24. exanctile

Fight the long defeat.

He does! His performance is fantastic throughout. You can find excerpts of his reading pretty easily to get a feel for it - his recording started with a charity reading of The Hobbit that turned official.

David87 likes this.