Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

JRR Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings, and Other Middle-Earth Stories Book • Page 16

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Garrett, May 14, 2016.

1. dlemert

Trusted

I don't, because it completely breaks the tension of whether or not they are actually going to help fight, which is the factor the entire battle hinges upon. The theatrical version where it's Aragorn asking, "What say you?" over and over again to no response before cutting back to Minas Tirith is such a *chef's kiss* moment. And so when they do actually show up at the battle it's that much more cathartic.

Leftandleaving and phaynes12 like this.
  2. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

fwiw jackson is on the record as hating them as well

3. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Fellowship of the Ring is the best film.

BornToRun likes this.
  4. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

[​IMG]

David87 likes this.
  5. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

The first hour of Fellowship is comfy

coleslawed likes this.
  6. It's a shame they couldn't capture the magic again with The Hobbit movies. Martin freeman was great. But they were so bloated.

7. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I watched the first 2 hobbit films in theaters and I have no desire to watch them again. I didn't even bother seeing the battle of the five armies.

8. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

probably never gonna watch the hobbit movies but i hear mckellan as gandalf is still great in em

9. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Watching Jackson break down under the weight of it all in the making of doc for Five Armies is so very sad.

10. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

This made me laugh:

2C57CAD5-8733-4A01-BD7D-482016EEC5CC.jpeg

11. The hobbit movies aren't great but there's still some good stuff in them. Martin freeman is great. Ian McKellen is great. The emotional scenes just don't connect like the ones in lotr. They do feel overly long with a lot of fuller and lazy cgi.

12. I got the new 4K release of the LOTR trilogy for Christmas, watched a few scenes from Fellowship today, and damn does this look great. Excited to watch these all the way through again soon, then probably watch the Hobbit movies for the first time.

13. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

Going to get the 4k too, just waiting till I get a PS5 (whenever that will be) since I don't have an UHD player.

14. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

My friends and I are going to be doing a full day to rewatch all of them with the new 4K remasters. We’re all very excited.

15. OwainGlyndwr

I am the Aleutian allusion illusion Supporter

I am now the proud owner of History of Middle-earth. I've wanted a complete edition for years and snatched up the reissue three-volume set recently. Very pleased.

16. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Doing a rewatch bc my wife has never seen them, still have to do RotK but, man i forgot just how perfect of a movie Fellowship is, but Two Towers is far and away the better movie.

Leftandleaving and Jbent like this.
  17. TomG

Trusted Supporter

Doing a rewatch right now too. Just finished Fellowship, I forgot how much I loved it. Two Towers is even better. Helm’s Deep is one of the coolest moments in movies for me.

18. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Helms Deep is one of my favorite parts of any movie.

This rewatch has me looking at the real life filming locations and now i wanna go to new zealand to see them all hah

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  19. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

B2DC4813-CE1B-41A2-88F6-CD50814C7777.jpeg

20. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Leftandleaving and David87 like this.
  21. Seems like a bad idea

22. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

23. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

yeah not great timing there. I'd have actually have wanted to go see that too. Got the 4k trilogy, will probably watch the fellowship this weekend.

coleslawed likes this.
  24. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

People with half a brain when the dark lord Imax tempts them in the midst of a pandemic.
    [​IMG]

awakeohsleeper, coleslawed and Zilla like this.
  25. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Even if there wasn't a pandemic I wouldn't want to sit in a theater to marathon all 3 films. That's like 10 hours. Pass.

stars143 likes this.