Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

JRR Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings, and Other Middle-Earth Stories Book • Page 14

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Garrett, May 14, 2016.

1. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

There are few who can.

justin. and coleslawed like this.
  2. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

no lol

3. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I am a bigger fan of LOTR and these movies than anyone I have ever met in real life, and I have never done this. I think the closest I have come is watching them in order on consecutive days, but even then I'm not sure I've done all three in a row without missing some days in between.

4. OwainGlyndwr

I am the Aleutian allusion illusion Supporter

I've done all three in a row before. Took like 10 minutes between discs, so it ended up just over 13 hours if I remember right. It's a pretty fun experience for sure. It let me see the whole scope of the story in a different way.

I've thought about doing all six Hobbit/LOTR films in a row, but I think that might be a little much. I did a 24-hour marathon last year of all the Harry Potter films in a row at a local cinema, and that was a blast but really taxing.

5. I've done it once with my wife. Gotta start at like 8am.

Also like the extended scenes from return of the king. Fills in gaps pretty well from the original movie.

6. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I’ve watched the EE trilogy in one day easily 15-20 times

coleslawed likes this.
  7. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

If this is indeed the will of the Council, then Gondor will see it done.

coleslawed and Rowan5215 like this.
  8. phaynes12

battle of helm’s deep is the best movie battle ever, my mind cannot be changed

9. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I can still remember my father and I driving all the way to Worcester, buying two tickets to see the movie Thirteen Days, just to watch (I think) this trailer right here -->

10. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

upload_2020-10-7_12-5-3.jpeg

11. phaynes12

bad meme

coleslawed and St. Nate like this.
  12. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

If that's a real news story, I find that pretty disheartening... I can't really think of a good reason for this. To me, it just reeks of chasing that Game of Thrones popularity.

justin. and Garrett like this.
  13. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Tolkien works should never have sex in them. Yikes. And I’m not saying that as some sort of prude. It’s just so blatantly in the face of what the author wrote and the creation they’re working within.

justin., stars143 and Brother Beck like this.
  14. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Plus, I feel like other networks and especially HBO are taking all of the wrong lessons away from the unexpectedly huge success of Game of Thrones. (I mean financially and ratings wise, if not creatively. The thing was a multi-year, crossover into mainstream phenomenon.)

15. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Same thoughts here. It's perfectly fine in other works that are not Tolkien's works. LOTR is not meant for MA audiences.

In regard to this being real, this is what I found.

Sex & Sensibility: Amazon’s Nude Take On Tolkien

16. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

As long as we get to see a hobbit dick

I’m sorry.

Henry and I Am Mick like this.
  17. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I wanna see orc dong

18. dlemert

Trusted

coleslawed and justin. like this.
  19. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Definitely will be getting the LOTR 4K

20. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

So this should mean that the HD purchases on Apple TV will be replaced by the 4K versions....for free.

Sean Murphy likes this.
  21. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

wonder if a digital bundle will be available in the apple store. i've been wanting to pull the trigger on the extrnded LOTR trilogy for a while but never have, this would probably push me over the edge.

22. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

yes please hah

23. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

watched two towers for the first time. was incredible, and supposedly rotk is even better? damn

24. I actually think two towers is the best but I love them all

25. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Two Towers is the best. Sam's speech at the end is phenomenal.

awakeohsleeper and dpatrickguy like this.