Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

JRR Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings, and Other Middle-Earth Stories Book • Page 12

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Garrett, May 14, 2016.

1. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

it’s very very bad. one of the most aimless movies i’ve seen in a long time.

Brother Beck likes this.
  2. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

This surprises me, because that's not what I had heard at all.

3. dlemert

Trusted

Nah, it's good. Glosses over a lot but could have been much, much worse.

Brother Beck likes this.
  4. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I woke up at 2am and planned to just watch half an hour of The Two Towers but I ended up staying up for all of it. Such a great film.

dlemert and Brother Beck like this.
  5. dlemert

Trusted

TTT is the most underrated of the trilogy. Might even be my favorite.

dpatrickguy and justin. like this.
  6. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Definitely my favourite and by far my favourite battle scenes.

dpatrickguy likes this.
  7. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

There’s not many battle/war scenes in cinema that can compete with Helm’s Deep, period. I can think of two or three off the top of my head. Marvel of cinema.

Still my least favorite of the trilogy of films and books, but still a key component of my favorite story ever.

coleslawed and Dodger like this.
  8. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Fellowship was my favorite since '01 but after watching the extended cut of TTT, I think it's my favorite. I would at least choose it over Fellowship when it comes to picking one film to watch.

9. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I can't find the show thread because I've forgotten what it's called and searches for LOTR, Lord of the Rings, Middle Earth, etc keep turning up this thread. But...

Is he gonna be in the series? Lol...I don't even know if they're filming there or filming yet at all, but seems random for him to be there unless he's just fulfilling dream vacation goals

10. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I can't find the show thread because I've forgotten what it's called and searches for LOTR, Lord of the Rings, Middle Earth, etc keep turning up this thread. But...

Is he gonna be in the series? Lol...I don't even know if they're filming there or filming yet at all, but seems random for him to be there unless he's just fulfilling dream vacation goals

11. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

12. Garrett

Makes me nervous as Galadriel isn’t young. She’s about 25,000 years old...

coleslawed likes this.
  13. phaynes12

baby yoda is 50 and an infant, stop imposing human ages on mythological beings

coleslawed likes this.
  14. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

the actress looks about 5 years younger than Blanchett did in Fellowship, this a few hundred years before that? checks out, I guess.

15. dlemert

Trusted

Is this confirmed to take place in Jackson's universe? If so that feels like it would be a mistake.

16. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Are they acknowledging the movies in this? Or is this a Watchmen situation where it’s solely based on source material?

17. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Probably a safe bet it will reference the films before anything else

18. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

The character would only look 5 years younger in that time span so it works

coleslawed likes this.
  19. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

She’s 7,000 in LOTR, I believe. So only 6,000 in the show.

20. dlemert

Trusted

My goal for 2020 is to read all (or at least most) of the middle-earth legendarium.

The Hobbit (actually read this in October)
    LOTR
    The Silmarillion
    Book of Unfinished Tales
    Children of Hurin
    Fall of Gondolin
    Beren & Luthien

coleslawed and Garrett L. like this.
  21. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Also just started reading the series in attempt to recover from my heartbreak from Rise of Skywalker lol starting with the hobbit via audiobook. Three hours left. Digging it but can’t say I love it

coleslawed likes this.
  22. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

We tried the LOTR audiobook for our road trip a couple summers ago and hated it. Not sure what it was, but we switched over to Fire&Blood and Knight of the Seven Kingdoms pretty quickly

23. Garrett

Lord of the Rings drastically needs a modernized audiobook. I’ve listened to the most recent version. It’s...dated when it really shouldn’t be.

coleslawed likes this.
  24. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

25. phaynes12

i know zero of these names

26. GBlades

Trusted

I only know Morfydd Clark from His Dark Materials and Dracula and Joseph Mawle as Benjen Stark from GoT!