Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Joywave - Content (July 28, 2017) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by indecipherable, May 4, 2017.

1. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

It's the members of Joywave. They used to be called The Hoodies, and they were more of a pop-punk band. Here's my favorite song of theirs:

2. Thanks! Sounds like their sound has evolved a lot over the years. I can see why they changed the band name! Too bad The Hoodies stuff doesn't seem to be on streaming services.

bd007h likes this.
  3. Larry David

I think Apple Music has their last record, but unfortunately they were a band before the streaming services popularity. They were a band in the early 2000's-mid 2000's. The only reason @bd007h and I are so familiar with them is because we're from Rochester

bd007h and Patterns in Traffic like this.
  4. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

A good friend of mind was in a band named Faded Grey 10 years ago that played a few shows with The Hoodies and their "alter-ego" Vice Grip.

5. Larry David

I was in a band called Euphoria. We played 3-4 shows with them at Steel Music Hall(Remember that place?)

6. I find this album a bit boring.

7. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Yup haha.

8. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

I'm still really really enjoying this album. It does a great job of doing what the emo rap bubble is doing right now -- taking vulnerable and insecure lyrical content and pairing it with a genre of music that it isn't typically paired with (synth pop, in this case) and making it work musically. It just feels very relevant with what's happening in music, but a completely different slant on it.

Also, that breakdown on Rumors is up there with the breakdown on Clearest Blue by CHVRCHES. A+

9. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Patterns in Traffic likes this.
  10. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Vs. likes this.
  11. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

12. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Album announcement when

13. kbeef2 Jan 7, 2020