Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Joyce Manor Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bedwettingcosmo, Jun 7, 2016.

1. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

There's some Smiths on all their albums imo but there are def songs on Of All Things onward that really play it up. Still feel like Of All Things contains some of their most overt pop moments. How do you feel about each album now vs before you saw them live?

2. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

yeah joyce manor live is a real treat. their set at wrecking ball last year was one of the most fun sets ive ever seen. so tight. side note: their bass player is unreal, holds down that low end so well.

3. Anyone have a better list of the new dates? The tour poster I've seen is unreadable.

4. Micah511

this wavves record is alright, might road trip down to mobile.

5. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

what tour dates?!

6. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

stereogum site now has a better poster

7. [​IMG]

8. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

goation likes this.
  9. bedwettingcosmo

tight tight tight

10. goation

Regular

I had a dream they released an album in late October and it had a bunch of their sad emo vibes like "Christmas Card" and "Falling In Love Again". I guess this tour confirms that that was just a dream haha

11. goation

Regular

Of All Things I Will Soon Grow Tired is so perfect for cool fall weather. It might be my favorite Joyce Manor album, but it always ends too soon.

EmmanuelSCastle and fame like this.
  12. bedwettingcosmo

thats a hot take but ill take it.

13. goation

Regular

14. goation

Regular

I adore, Cody. I sincerely do. But part of me is going to miss the punk influence in their music. They seem to be going in a more indie rock approach, and I'll love it, but I just love their punk side.

15. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

The next album might be more emo than they are in Barry's estimation though he said that off hand a long time ago now soooo

goation likes this.
  16. bedwettingcosmo

doesn't matter what they do from now on cause they literally gifted us the best album ever with nha imo

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  17. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

More Joyce Manor in my life is more than welcomed

goation likes this.
  18. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

I don't think I've listened to Cody all summer. Fixing that today.

goation and tucah like this.
  19. goation

Regular

I've listened to Cody all summer. I will listen again today.

Supernova likes this.
  20. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Listened to Cody lots now I gotta balance it out w the rest of their discog. Of All Things continues to be underated

Owlex and goation like this.
  21. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Never Hungover Again is still one of my go to albums when I want something short I can blast and have fun. Need to see these guys live again, that London show was amazing.

Joyce Manor Setlist at Scala, London

22. Micah511

Bumping this thread because I listened through NHA with good headphones and the bass slaps SO HARD. I like Cody a lot, but NHA is perfect in my eyes.

23. Micah511

Also, Phoebe Bridgers is the one doing background vocals in Do You Really Want to Not Get Better? I thought I couldn't love that song any more than I already do, but here we are.

24. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I only realised recently that Nate Ruess sings backup vocals on one of the Cody songs.

25. Micah511

Angel in the Snow, yeah. Once you realize it's pretty obvious, the melody is VERY Nate.