Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Joyce Manor Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bedwettingcosmo, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

If you would have told me yesterday that Joyce Manor totally nailed a cover of The National I likely wouldn't have believed you but hey here we are

2. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Yo stop what you're doing and get every record from Alligator onward and be changed

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  3. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

on my second listen of alligator, i dig it so far. it reminds me of REM and Death Cab kinda

4. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Now listen to Trouble Will Find Me

5. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

i'm gonna go in order from here, but i'll get to it. seems like a real cool band, kind of like their more upbeat moments. Mr November was a jam.

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

teebs41 likes this.
  7. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Anyone at the show in Athens tonight? Sidenote Mannequin Pussy fucking rocks and I've never seen live folk punk before so idk what to expect from AJJ. Hope JM is sick as always 2nite

8. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

lcuky

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  9. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Can confirm they were fucking sick also the Cody songs sounded great. They'd never been in Athens so they made a point to try and play "all their shit," but omitted all of Of All Things smh but I forgive them.

10. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Seeing these live soon for the first time, hearing good things about them live. Hopefully they play a lot from Never Hungover Again and Cody, as those are definitely my favourites, even though Beach Community and Constant Headache are my favourite songs.

goation likes this.
  11. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

They play a lot from every record except of all things, and even that usually makes in appearance as one or two songs

12. goation

Regular

Their live show is so much fun and they have a very diverse set list. You are def bound to hear some older songs especially their popular ones like Beach Community. They also play a great mix of Cody and Never Hungover Again.

13. bedwettingcosmo

Yeah, I saw Joyce last year and it was the best show I've been to in the past decade. Dying to see them again.

14. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

I think their newest album is the one I most consistently enjoy throughout

15. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Every time I've seen this band the set has been v different and I've left with no voice or very hoarse so have fun to those of you seeing them soon

pauljgreco likes this.
  16. bedwettingcosmo

wish i was seeing them soon. they have literally evolved into my favorite band on this earth other than tigers jaw

pauljgreco likes this.
  17. bedwettingcosmo

bumping just to say i prob watch this performance on a weekly basis. probably the best live video on youtube tbh. constant headache is unreal.

18. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Just seen these guys at Scala in London last night. Fantastic show. They played 21 songs and they were tight as hell. Didn't expect them to be THAT good musically live. Violent Inside was an unexpected highlight. They also took requests for songs regularly through out the show. I was gonna request Call Out but I totally forgot!

Main support band Martha were really great too, I only knew a couple of songs but they got strong support down the front.

teebs41 likes this.
  19. 5Stories

Regular

I was there too. I like both bands but not a huge fan of either. Really enjoyed it though, especially Joyce Manor who I've only seen from a million miles away at a festival before. Love how short and furious their songs are. Really enjoyed Cody for its Weezerish vibes but I feel like I need to spend more time with their older stuff.

Smage likes this.
  20. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

They're a great live band. feel like in terms of a band and a crowd feeding off each other's energy, they're one of the best in the scene. Also I loooooove Violent Inside

21. 5Stories

Regular

I've had Heart Tattoo in my head all morning :heart:

22. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Definitely do, Never Hungover Again is, imo, their best album front to back.

5Stories likes this.
  23. bedwettingcosmo

man i would kill to see them live again

24. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

A band I will never miss if they're around. Also their whole discography is barely an hour, just check it all out

25. 5Stories

Regular

Yeah I just listened to it all in one bus journey. Funny how seeing a band live really makes them click when you give their records a deeper dive. Never Hungover Again is my fave and the last song sounds like The Smiths which was a surprise.