Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Joyce Manor / The Hotelier / Crying Tour • Page 3

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Jul 19, 2016.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

on their headliner back last november with oso oso and runaway brother they did the new version

2. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

can confrim this, that was such a good tour

3. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I feel like they were at their live peak during that tour. Ben was still in the band I think and they were really tight

4. chris

Trusted Supporter

tonight ahhhhh!

cybele and teebs41 like this.
  5. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

They're playing exactly what I want to hear off the new album. Noticed there's no Derailed which is a bummer but I've seen play that a lot so it's ok

6. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

The new record is awesome, and I decided to 100% go to this.

7. seimagery

instagram.com/thekissingglow/

Going to Baltimore to see The Hotelier, again. Joyce Manor is alright so I'll definitely stay for their set, but if there was moshing on the Told Slant tour I can only imagine what sort of kids will be at this show.

teebs41 likes this.
  8. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Hahahahhha

9. cwhit

hotelier will be calm compared to joyce
    ottobar is pretty strict about crowd surfing and stuff though

10. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

i was a bit far back in the crowd but there didn't really seem to be as many "broteliers" at my date. everyone was moshing and stage-diving/crowd-surfing for Joyce tho

11. chris

Trusted Supporter

dig Joyce but I wish their fans would've locked it up a bit during the Hotelier's set @ the Portland date. Pit broke out for like every song starting with Your Deep Rest, and I don't think this is a situation of me being old and out of touch or something. And I could've been reading it wrong, but Christian seemed kinda annoyed by it.

idk, I'm all for a little pushing and crowd movement or w/e, but I do think there is something inherently selfish in that behavior.

12. cwhit

it's hotelier fans not joyce fans
    christian hates it and usually calls it out if he feels comfortable doing so

13. chris

Trusted Supporter

yeah for sure, the assumption stemmed from, in this instance, kids coming up during like Sun and Introduction and asking if there was going to be a breakdown so they could start pushing. Like that shit threw me

14. CuttingMyFingersOff

Trusted

Still have two tickets to the show Saturday at the Metro in Chicago. Just trying to recoup some of what I paid. Get at me.

15. marchofmarty

there is no happy here Prestigious

Man that was the most fun I've had at a show in a really long time. Only song I wanted to hear that they didn't play was chumped.

teebs41 likes this.
  16. oldboot

Regular

I saw this last night in Cambridge. What a show, holy shit. The Hotelier closed with End of Reel, which was an awesome surprise. I was a bit surprised they excluded Goodness Pt. 2, Piano Player, and Dendron but their set was absolutely phenomenal. I love the way they just kind of play a low key set and let the music stand alone. The crowd was very tame but many were singing along. It was an awesome experience for my second time seeing them.

Joyce Manor...wow. Oddly, I had never listened to this band until this tour was announced. I love the Hotelier but for whatever reason had never checked out Joyce. The fact that their entire discography is about 15 minutes long made it pretty easy for me to get into them. They are absolutely phenomenal and put on an awesome performance. A lot of movement on the floor but nothing douche-y at all...just everyone jumping around and having fun (with no stage diving:-)) through their whole set. Opening with Heart Tattoo is such a great call. Most of the set was from the last two albums, but in my opinion those are far and above their older work, though I do like it and see the appeal.

Just an absolutely awesome night. I drove down by myself from Maine for the show. Regretting not having tickets to night two.

17. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

i am so salty that hotelier only started playing End of Reel halfway thru the tour

18. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

My daughter went and was close to the front of the line when the doors opened. She was in the front of the mosh pit, Im sure, the whole show... She said it was terrififc, as shes a big fan of the last 2 bands. Stub Hub tickt for $40 was tough to take though. :/

19. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

The $40 stubhub tickets are tempting me a little...if I go tomorrow night I probably won't go to Touche Amore next week.

20. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Show was incredible! Hotelier was amazing. Joyce was great too a ton of fun

21. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

Had to miss this tour cuz I had class. I really like Cody too I don't think I will get sick of it like I did with some of their earlier stuff. And the hotelier is great too, I also think goodness is their best release

I feel like some people just go to shows to do that , I don't really get it . I remember a while ago I was at an acoustic show for the wonder years and people started moshing lol. The singer called them out tho and basically told them to stop it was pretty funny and ridiculous to see for an acoustic set tho

22. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Show last night was so fun. It was my birthday and I took my mom who has never been to a show like this before, I think she enjoyed it! At least, she really liked Joyce Manor, I don't think she was too into the hotelier. All the Cody songs sound so great live.

23. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I think I saw you there! Ha only bc I did see one person with who I think was their mother lol. Show was fun tho

24. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Hahaha yeah, I think she was definitely the only 50 year old woman in that room.

25. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Hotelier played Dendron instead of End Of Reel last night. Huge bummer but Dendron is incredible so I can't really complain

Joyce was phenomenal as always. Their crowds are always the most fun and respectful in that kind of setting. I've never had a bad time seeing them