Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Joyce Manor / Andrew Jackson Jihad / Mannequin Pussy Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Grato

Regular

Honestly AJJ's set was probably longer than JM's. Never seen Joyce play for longer than 50 minutes or so

2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

ugh MP is so good landon!!!!

3. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Their set was a lot of fun to watch, don't get me wrong! I just don't think I'd actively seek their music out is all.

4. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Gimme a track to check out before I see them tomorrow

That's what I was figuring, that's going to truly feel like forever even though I do like seeing them

5. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

emotional high is probably their best but they have a bunch of songs that are a lot heavier than that, it's one of their poppiest. the new record is like 19 minutes long and very good

6. flask

Trusted Supporter

I came into the venue when MP was playing their last song and I liked what I heard. Would rather have seen their full set than AJJ.

7. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

If it's that short I'll definitely give it a listen today

8. you vandal

Regular

Sweet. Thanks!

9. goation

Regular

I don't like MP's studio output but they seem like they would be a super fun live band

10. ALT/MSC/FAN

Was pretty bummed Joyce didn't play Angel in the Snow, tbh.

11. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Last nights show was great! I was running super late and missed all of MP and the first couple AJJ songs but Joyce was A+ as always. I'll never get sick of seeing them

They played Violent Inside which I haven't heard in forever so that was cool. No Orange Julius, Christmas Card or Angel In The Snow was a bummer but it's all good

12. ALT/MSC/FAN

Huh, weird they didn't do Christmas Card. They played it before Constant Headache in GR.

13. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I saw a few sets they've changed it up quite a bit every night, order wise

14. CuttingMyFingersOff

Trusted

I saw them in Chicago on Friday and I was a little disappointed. MP was fine, not exactly my style, but pretty entertaining live. AJJ just didn't seem to fit the crowd AT ALL. About half of their stuff was that upbeat and fast which resonated really well but the rest were these slow dirges that it seemed like no one was into at all. Maybe it had something to do with the fact I was kinda far back or that a group of drunk assholes were screaming at them to stop but it felt like no one was listening or paying attention.

I thought JM played well, it was my first time seeing them. But I feel like it just lacked some energy. I would have loved to hear more from Cody though I really like "This song is a mess..." and appreciate the fact they play "Stairs."

15. goation

Regular

The show was great at Taft. I think my crowd was probably way more into AJJ than Joyce, but the crowd was still pretty amped for Joyce. They played a long time and I think hit a lot of the favorites and plenty of new songs.