Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Josh Woodard Releases Statement on Assault Allegations

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. transrebel59

Regular

I don't believe him considering somebody posted that things had circulated regarding him in 2012 or so.

But since he is outright denying it and people aresare that's not the way to address the situation, I'm curious what the appropriate way to address a false allegation would be?

sowrongitsryan and cosmickid like this.
  3. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Fucked up that he is only now adressing these legally since they've resurfaced, but didn't say shit for 8 years when it was pretty public back in 2012. Dude obviously has money and is trying to hush his victim. The whole band is compliant in this as well as Jeremy defended him back then and obviously doesn't take this stuff seriously.

4. tyler_pifer

I don't know. If one of my best friends was accused of something like this and denied it, I would believe him. Especially if I was really close to him.

sowrongitsryan likes this.
  5. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Cool. You should support victims and not be so dismissive just because its your friend being accused. Sexual assault is a serious allegation and needs to be treated as much.

Flippantly dismissing serious allegations and saying "I only surround myself with good people" is unacceptable.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  6. tyler_pifer Aug 3, 2020
    (Last edited: Aug 3, 2020)
    tyler_pifer

What would you do if your best friend was accused of sexual assault?

7. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Probably distance myself from them like any normal person would.

8. Michael Posmer

Longtime reader, first time commenting.

Hopefully none of us have anyone close to us be accused of something as disgusting as sexual assault. As much as we won't want to believe it, the fact of the matter is that the amount of sexual assault allegations that are false is incredibly miniscule. They almost NEVER happen. If your friend was accused, he is HIGHLY likely to be guilty. It sucks, but not as much as actually being assaulted. Loyalty is a great trait to have, and I don't think you support sexual assault.

9. tyler_pifer

I don't support sexual assault and I hope that's not the impression I gave off. And you're right. I wasn't thinking about the numbers in regards to false assault allegations.

Edit: meant this in reply to Michael's comment.

10. transrebel59

Regular

I think you're forgetting that a lot of abusers are incredibly manipulative. Is it far fetched that an abuser would be gaslighting and manipulating multiple people in their life?

Crisp X and SuNDaYSTaR like this.
  11. Chloe

The thing is, no guy thinks their friends do creepy/abusive things or could ever be involved in assault allegations. So does that mean all the creeps are loners? Nope. Unfortunately some guys are probably close to some abusive people. So believe the victim if your friend is accused of something.

caakle likes this.
  12. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

Yeah, because sexual abusers have a reputation for being honest and trustworthy. Especially with people that are really close to them.