Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Josh Ritter - Gathering (September 22, 2017) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by jdr2187, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I imagine Sermon On The Rocks sounds fantastic live. I have never seen him, which is something I need to rectify soon.

2. jdr2187

jdr2187

Ritter is one of the happiest live performers I’ve ever seen. The guy is smiling non stop the entire time.

KidLightning likes this.
  3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

irthesteve and Brother Beck like this.
  4. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I really cannot wait for this.

5. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Holy shit, this is going to be great.

6. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

jdr2187 and KidLightning like this.
  7. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

8. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Not much more than a tease as far as the album goes, but it was an awesome read. I love how open Jason Isbell is about things like how he hated Josh Ritter's music whenever his wife would play it back when he was drinking, and now with the clarity of sobriety he realizes the guy is amazing and all of them have become close friends as well as artists who appreciate each others' work. I love that he's not only so much healthier these days but that he's willing to share thoughts like that which nobody would even know if he kept that story to himself.

Matthewconte and KidLightning like this.
  9. Brother Beck Jan 13, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 13, 2019)
    Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

The album title and track-list are out there now. It doesn't seem to be official but it seems to me the information is legit.

Very excited for this. Can't wait to hear these songs. One of the songs mentioned a lot in the Rolling Stone piece seems to be missing, but he may have swapped the title.

10. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

Well, the RS article called one of the songs "Awesome Kind of Dream" but he's already released that song as a demo and it's "All Some Kind of Dream."

11. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

Where did you see the title? I can't seem to find it.

12. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Josh Ritter - Fever Breaks | Down In The Valley - Music, Movies, Minneapolis & More

I was looking forward to hearing "In Passing" after reading about it in that RS article. I'll gladly shell out all sorts of money for deluxe Josh Ritter stuff though, even if I can't listen to it. I have a sweet 7" vinyl with "Gasoline", "Cut Free" and an alternate version of "Lights" that is still sealed cuz I have no way to play it.

Matthewconte likes this.
  13. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

Sweetness

14. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I am getting pretty damn excited about the prospect of new Josh Ritter music, produced by Jason Isbell and with The 400 Unit as the band.

Matthewconte likes this.
  15. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I've sort of thought about it every day since they tweeted about it.

Brother Beck likes this.