Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jonny Craig Accused of Sexual Assault • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 14, 2017.

1. farva2

Regular

Craig has always been human garbage and the dude should have already been in jail years ago. Doesn’t he have a kid now too?

fbrrocks and tyramail like this.
  2. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

With your first message, I was going to bring up Ronnie. But then you did that as well too.

I really, really, really, really hope both of these guys will be forced to deal with the consequences of their actions, but as you said, I'm concerned how it hasn't affected either of them already. Hopefully with these stories of sexual assault and harassment being prominent in the media, it will start to finally attract the right people at the right places in the right executive chairs and they will get rid of these two criminals.

ChaseTx, mattfreaksmeout and tyramail like this.
  3. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Put everyone from mid 2000’s hot topic core in the bin tbh. Craig Owens, Ronnie Radke, Jonny Craig, Mike Fuentes, I could go on forever. They’re all the same.

4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

What a coincidence (but probably not really) that 3/4 of the people you mentioned were in a band together.

I really don't want to believe it about Craig Owens but I know it's probably true. Has anyone come forward or is it more just one of those cases where it's never really been a secret but it's just never been talked about?

5. personalmaps

I live in Michigan and know plenty of people who grew up with him. He’s a piece of shit through and through. Not my stories to tell, but I know enough. It was a running joke for a long time that he liked underage girls and a friend of mine had a run in with him that made us all very uncomfortable.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  6. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Don't need the specific stories, I was just wondering if they were there. I feel like in the back of my head I know I've heard similar stuff in the past but probably was at a point in my life where I was ok ignoring it/calling it rumors/not fully understanding the implications. It's so gross though.

7. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Over the last few years he has seemed very self-deprecating so I wouldn’t be shocked.

8. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I don't have all the details at all, and I'm sure this isn't the full extent at all, but have heard from a friend that Craig hit a woman

But that friend could've been """joking""" (using that term very liberally right now)

9. personalmaps

I haven’t heard that particular story but....it wouldn’t surprise me at all. He’s still weirdly popular despite doing nothing for the past few years, so I wouldn’t be surprised if women still feel afraid to come forward.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  10. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Yeah, this guy i played a coupla shows with recorded with him a few months ago :sly:

11. Saephon

Regular

Honestly thought this was known years and years ago. He's just the absolute worst, and should've been shunned by everyone in the music industry by now.

12. Fucking Dustin

Apparently Chelsea just did an interview with Alt Press about this, I'm curious on whether AP handled it well or if it's gonna become...well, what you'd expect it to become from AP

13. mattfreaksmeout Nov 14, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 14, 2017)
    mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Nah they'll treat it seriously now because they've realized the way things are trending, but they've ignored these problems (or gone very light on them) for too long when they have one of the biggest influences on the kids in this scene, who are the ones it is most important to get the message across to.

14. Fucking Dustin

Absolutely, I agree, that much is undeniable

Aaron Mook likes this.
  15. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

But I guess at this point we should just be happy they and everyone are (hopefully) doing what they should now and that it'll be better moving forward.

16. DooDooBird

Trusted

Who is Jonny Craig? Seriously.

17. Audrey Horne

Regular Prestigious

Fuck AP to be honest. It would be really gross for them to pretend to be partial to victims when people have been calling on them for years to take a stand against known abusers and predators, to which they gave these people multiple covers, stages to perform on and awards. They are at some of the largest fault for continually allowing and encouraging these scumbags to thrive.

Aaron Mook, laraheart, K0ta and 4 others like this.
  18. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Jonny should have been exiled for the MacBook incident, still amazed people gave him chances after that.

FreshnessExpired likes this.
  19. K0ta Nov 14, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 14, 2017)
    K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

This is horrible, and sadly I have my own story of Jonny to tell.

In 2007 I was on tour with a band that was also on tour with Dance Gavin Dance, the band he was in at the time. He was always a real piece of work, high or drunk and going off with girls. At one point, he disappeared and wouldn't tell his bandmates where he was - we drove to a date that was then cancelled because they could not locate him and the show wouldn't be played without the band. One day on the tour, Jonny comes up to me, fucked up as usual. He grabs me by the throat, attempting to move in on me, and luckily one of the band members I was touring with was there and pulled him off of me. I don't know what would have happened had he not been there but I was only 18 at the time and really didn't understand what was happening. I didn't even process the extent of it until years later, that that was NOT okay. I have brushed it off but I know it speaks to a much more serious issue surrounding that guy. I am so sorry for the victims, it's an open secret that Jonny is a piece of shit so can we finally just be done with this guy in the scene?

20. Jesus. Fuck this guy so much.

21. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Oh my god. I can't... I'm glad you got through that okay. That is a horrifying story.

Aaron Mook and K0ta like this.
  22. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Im so sorry you went through that and I'm very glad someone was there to step in. I seriously hope we finally toss his ass out on the curb - its long overdue.

23. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

My blood actually boils thinking about him and RR. It's been abundantly clear for as long as I've known about them that hey are scum of the earth people but just nothing gets done about it. They keeping getting free pass after free pass. I know they're not the only completely shitty people in the scene, but they just take it to the next level and show no remorse or attempt to hide their true colors. Jesse and the With Confidence guy and whoever else also make me furious don't get me wrong - but the other two make me extra mad cus it's just thing after thing and never with any accountability.

24. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

I appreciate that. My story is nothing like what these girls have faced, and my heart truly breaks for them. I only share as sort of "me too" solidarity and also to say that yeah - this is real. Pay attention. His predatory behavior has gone on for years.

Aaron Mook and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  25. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

We should've taken Jonny Craig out years ago. Dude is literal human filth and deserves the absolute worst he can get. He lies, cheats, steals and assaults and he's been allowed to do it for years.

And anyone saying or itching to say that his substance abuse and mental health issues explain his behaviour - go fuck yourselves. Addiction and mental illness do not excuse you from being a piece of shit, this I know from experience. You own up, deal with it and make amends or accept you've ruined something if you want to recover and move on.

oldboot, Mr. Serotonin and skogsraet like this.