Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Joni Mitchell Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Sep 10, 2020.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

2. yung_ting

Trusted

who?

3. Horrorca

Trusted

goddess - been slowly building my collection

Blue, Court & Spark, & Hegira in particular are some of the most beautiful music ever recorded

just learned this week she was the face of Saint Laurent Paris back in 2015 - so fucking cool

yung_ting likes this.
  4. Horrorca

Trusted

spinning Ladies of the Canyon this AM

such crisp, cool, gentle album to start the day

wish more people @ chorus were into her but I guess she is becoming more obscure to the younger crowd

yung_ting likes this.
  5. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

It’s wild and sad that she didn’t have a thread here before Thursday! Happy it exists now.

I put on Hejira a lot in the winter, especially if it rains. Her lyric writing ascends to another level on that album and it feels like the melodies are being pulled right from the cold air. “Blue Motel Room” >>>

6. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I still need to move past Ladies of the Canyon and Blue, those are the only two I’ve listened to (and more so LotC which is brilliant)

7. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

imo hissing of summer lawns is her best but it's not like its quality is at all distant from blue, court and spark, hejira, even for the roses (super underrated)

Aregala likes this.
  8. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

probably the greatest artist of all time despite appearing in blackface on her own album cover (don juan's reckless daughter) and also sort of losing the thread of her music and writing around the same time. the only later joni album really worth spending time with is night ride home, and it's phenomenal, but even it is slightly weighed down by this weird chip on her shoulder ("the windfall")

Aregala likes this.
  9. Horrorca

Trusted

Mingus existing & everything around it is quite amazing too

the music too although a lot of people seem to think it’s not focused or good

10. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

mingus is good! don juan's reckless daughter is obviously material that wasn't quite good enough for hissing or hejira but it's still good and impressive

Aregala likes this.
  11. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

She didn't have a thread?!?

I've heard all her stuff from Ladies of the Canyon through The Hissing of Summer Lawns and it's utterly unimpeachable. She's one of the greatest to ever do it.

12. tomdelonge

Trusted

nice to see a Joni Mitchell thread

I’ve been listening to Dog Eat Dog from 1985 a lot this week. Way left of center for her typical stuff, but super good

13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

interview with Cameron Crowe!

14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

15. Horrorca

Trusted

first mbv & now this bleeding dry my wallet

that said

hell fucking yes

16. Michael Belt

metadata incarnate Supporter

i've waited so long for new pressings of STAS and Clouds. plus i never picked up LOTC. very excited for this (even though i'm desperately waiting for For the Roses, because that's one of my favorites).

17. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

lol i'm an idiot, been really falling for don juan lately, and turbulent indigo is pretty much as good as night ride home

cshadows2887 likes this.
  18. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

absolute queen

19. cshadows2887

"A Case of You" is as good a song as has ever been written. Doesn't matter how many times I hear it, it just staggers me.

20. genericities May 13, 2021
    (Last edited: May 13, 2021)
    genericities

instagram.com/pegasusrides_

Hejira and Blue are my favs

+this gorgeous song:

bd007h likes this.
  21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

22. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

borderline perfect album

cshadows2887 likes this.
  23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

phaynes12 likes this.
  24. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

no "borderline" needed. wild to me that Blue came out in summer though!

25. cshadows2887

"A Case of You" still just takes my breath away every single time I hear it. "Constantly in the darkness? Where's that at? If you want me, I'll be in the bar."

LightWithoutHeat likes this.