Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jon Bellion Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by beachdude, Jun 9, 2016.

1. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Jonathan "Jon" Bellion (born December 26, 1990) is an American singer, songwriter, producer and rapper. He was born and raised in Long Island, New York. Bellion has released four mixtapes; the most recent, The Definition, was released on September 23, 2014. He is currently signed to Visionary Music Group and Capitol Records. He also provided vocals for the 2015 EDM song "Beautiful Now" by Zedd.

Jon's debut album The Human Condition drops tomorrow... terribly underrated singer/songwriter/producer. I definitely think with the right push, he could be the next big thing in pop.

2. beachdude

This guy has also produced and co-written songs for artists such as Eminem, Zedd, Jason Derulo, Cody Simpson, Andy Grammer, B.o.B, and Cee-Lo Green.

3. beachdude

This album is actually really special to me already. Really catchy and a cool mix of styles, but also a lot of lyrical depth and thematic unity, especially with how the final track "Hand of God" ties into so much of the rest of the album. There's a couple duds, and his lyrics can be corny, but it's cool to see so many inspiring messages in a mainstream pop album. I hope this guy blows up.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  4. beachdude

No way I'm the only fan of this guy here. This album is great, more people need to check him out.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  5. skoopy Jun 12, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 12, 2016)
    skoopy

Regular

I listened to the new album today on a whim and enjoyed it well enough. It felt very creative overall. A few parts were definitely a bit over the top but it was very fun.

beachdude42 likes this.
  6. beachdude

Oh yeah definitely... his lyrics are cheesy in parts too, but overall I like what he's going for.

7. Anthony_ Jun 25, 2016
    (Last edited: Oct 26, 2018)
    Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I love this album. Solid release all around and I'll be spinning this for the foreseeable future. Just wow.

sawhney[rusted]2 and beachdude like this.
  8. jordanjohnson09

Regular

saw him in dc a couple days ago. really fun but he didn't play too many songs. wish he played some of the older ones.

beachdude42 likes this.
  9. beachdude

10. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I actually discovered this guy because someone told me they'd like to see me do some songs in his vein of music. I was very intrigued by the production and vocal style.

Currently addicted to his "Making Of" videos on YouTube. Really, really talented guy.

sawhney[rusted]2 and beachdude like this.
  11. jordanjohnson09

Regular

12. Mr. Serotonin

13. jordanjohnson09

Regular

i believe single, i thought i saw somewhere that he posted the album is coming nov 9

14. Mr. Serotonin

Still fuckin’ awesome. Had no idea, so a coupla weeks is an easy wait.

15. jordanjohnson09

Regular

yeah seems sooner than expected. for some reason i didn’t think it was going to be released until next year

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  16. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

New song is wild

beachdude likes this.
  17. sawhney[rusted]2

NEW SONG IS INCREDIBLE

1975 vibes in the chorus

beachdude likes this.
  18. beachdude

Yeah both new songs are pretty cool. Definitely prefer JT.

19. sawhney[rusted]2 Oct 26, 2018
    (Last edited: Oct 26, 2018)
    sawhney[rusted]2

I love that he's going even further with the concept album aspect of it. I think this is going to be one of the best pop albums of the year.

Also I can't believe I never posted in here! THC is one of my favorite albums, and I've been following this dude since Translation Through Speakers. And he's from the town next to my hometown. When he sings "Parking lot in Smithtown", I think I know which parking lots he's referring to lol

beachdude and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  20. Mr. Serotonin

These were both great. Super excited for this.

beachdude likes this.
  21. sawhney[rusted]2

beachdude likes this.
  22. sawhney[rusted]2

Song titles and back cover

Interesting, wasn’t expecting conversations to the opener!!

beachdude likes this.
  23. beachdude

I guess there’s a new single “Stupid Deep” that leaked also. Haven’t gotten to listen yet.

24. sawhney[rusted]2

Yeah, love the short roll out, 3 singles then the album the album next Friday.

beachdude and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  25. sawhney[rusted]2

Man stupid deep is fantastic as well

This is going to be a bigger jump forward than I thought