Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Joker (Todd Phillips, October 4, 2019) Movie • Page 8

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Apr 2, 2019.

1. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Serious lack of Jake Gyllenhaal in this discussion. I will see ANYTHING he does.

But yeah I do agree that Gosling, Leo, or Phoenix being in a movie means I will watch it

imthesheriff and Dinosaurs Dish like this.
  2. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Cough Velvet Buzzsaw cough

angrycandy likes this.
  3. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Definitely Phoenix. Disagree with Leo. He's fine and Wolf is the best that he's done, but he isn't an incredible actor. Aya Cash's performance in You're the Worst is enough for me to call her one of my favorite actors. The entire cast of Atlanta. Elizabeth Moss, Willem Dafoe, Idris Elba. Obviously DeNiro

SpyKi likes this.
  4. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I love Jake Gyllenhaal and think he's a great actor, but I think it's because he has a stellar track record of choosing interesting projects to work on.

5. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Isabelle Huppert and Juliette Binoche too

iCarly Rae Jepsen and SpyKi like this.
  6. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

I always think John C. Reiley is one of the best around, albeit with a few duds in his career.

Pitt is another pretty boy but will always get me interested in a movie. And Ben Foster is becoming one of my favorites currently

coleslawed likes this.
  7. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

John C Reilly is definitely a favorite of mine and I can't believe I haven't talked about Pitt yet. He might be my all time favorite.

8. Nathan

Pitt is underrated as an actor and a producer. He has very good taste.

coleslawed and Dinosaurs Dish like this.
  9. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Each time I watch Moneyball it climbs higher and higher up my all time favorites list. It's perfect.

10. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

As far as straight acting goes, I would put Pitt ahead Leo. As far as my pure enjoyment watching them goes, John C. Reilly is ahead of almost everyone !

11. Dog with a Blog

Ethan Hawke is underrated imo. Also, she’s been in a fair amount of duds, but I think Naomi Watts is so great. Always thought she was good but her performance in Twin Peaks really took her to another level.

12. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

Naomi Watts in Mulholland Drive is one of the all-time great performances

SpyKi and Dog with a Blog like this.
  13. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

these are all excellent takes.
    I always forget that John C. Reiley is an excellent dramatic actor. and Ben has yet to disappoint.

14. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Honestly Lakeith Stanfield is rapidly climbing the list for must-watch actors for me

Cameron, coleslawed and Lucas27 like this.
  15. Lucas27

Trusted

I’m surprised no one has mentioned Saiorse Ronan, Brie Larson, Emma Stone, or Jennifer Lawrence. All of them have their strengths. Ronan is the most subtle (the best of the group for my money). Larson is emotional. Emma Stone is just Emma Stone. Lawrence is a great character actor. I certainly don’t love everything they’re in, but I am always interested.

imthesheriff and SpyKi like this.
  16. Nathan

They’re very very good, but I think they’re maybe more in that movie star, Leo/Gosling charm camp

imthesheriff and Lucas27 like this.
  17. Nathan

And I don’t mean to underrate them. They have tremendous skill and talent. But the conversation started out about DDL/Joaquin Phoenix level performers.

Lucas27 and Dinosaurs Dish like this.
  18. Lucas27

Trusted

For sure. I can see Saiorse getting to that level though. She definitely doesn’t strike me as a typical movie star actress.

I could still see Brie getting there too on the strengths of Room and Short Term 12 alone.

coleslawed likes this.
  19. Nathan

Those two in particular are really great. Lawrence had a similarly strong start but hasn’t had great taste in projects for like five years now.

They’re not quite at a Lupita Nyong’o, Amy Adams level yet, I’d say.

Lucas27 likes this.
  20. Nathan

Also I’ve only seen Daniel Kaluuya in Get Out and Black Panther but he’s legit.

imthesheriff likes this.
  21. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

His first movie was the GG Allin documentary

22. Jake Gyllenhaal

[​IMG]

tdlyon and imthesheriff like this.
  23. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

Dude was the lead of what is probably the best Black Mirror episode, and he was absolutely unreal in it. I gotta watch more of his stuff

Edit: oh man how could I forget he was Posh Kenneth in Skins ahahaha, wicked

SpyKi likes this.
  24. Jake Gyllenhaal

Check out Widows

Doomsday likes this.
  25. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I didn't know he was in Skins but now I can totally remember him.

Doomsday likes this.