Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Joker (Todd Phillips, October 4, 2019) Movie • Page 78

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Dan CiTi

♎️♈️♌️ Prestigious

the Kazaam trailer is all I have seen, but it was more entertaining/funnier than Shazam, which just sorta felt like a Disney Channel Original Movie. really nothing to sink your teeth into.

2. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

best film of the last half-decade is still finding frances, if we're still discussing this

3. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

What does this mean? (Especially in contrast to other comic book superhero films.)

4. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

yeah, that's not my first time seeing dcom comparisons. is it just because there's a bunch of kids and scenes inside a high school?

5. Dan CiTi

♎️♈️♌️ Prestigious

It just feels aggressively formulaic, ho-hum, kids™ approved thing that was competent but didn't leave me wondering or feeling much. I felt the same way about Ready Player One, though that had a higher budget at least for some CGI spectacle.
    With both, though I'm only in my 20s and have no kids, I felt like a parent sitting through a movie because my kids wanted to see it. Hell, even the Sonic movie didn't give me that feeling (possibly because I have mild Sonic nostalgia, and didn't know who Shazam was until my friend asked me if he wanted to see it with him.)

Not an actively bad or "insulting" movie, though. Films like Death Wish (2018) are drastically worse in every possible way (but that is probably the worst movie I've ever paid to see.)

6. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

couldn’t make it more ridiculous right?

Anthony_ likes this.
  7. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Contender likes this.
  8. God, even if I kinda liked this we do not need two sequels

ItsAndrew, ECV, Omni and 3 others like this.
  9. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

haha

10. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Hollywood is so lazy

Vase Full Of Rocks and Omni like this.
  11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I wouldn't be surprised if Joaquin was like no thanks because he's such a weirdo haha, but also yeah the whole point was this was a standalone pre Batman

12. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

if they tie it into the batman trilogy or whatever would they make an old man joker

Leftandleaving likes this.
  13. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I don’t think Joaquin will do sequels. I’m pretty sure he was offered Doctor Strange but turned it down because he doesn’t do sequels or multiple appearances as the same character. I could be wrong though.

14. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

50 million is a lot of cheddar.

15. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

This is true, but I assume Marvel had to offer him a lot as well. He’s an odd one though.

coleslawed likes this.
  16. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

No way Marvel offered him anywhere near that range of money. That’s a RDJ Iron Man type of paycheck. I wouldn’t be surprised of Phoenix says yes.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  17. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

someone please tell me what they would do with a Joker 2 and Joker 3 plot

18. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Another Todd Phillips trilogy, what could go wrong

19. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

The second one is gonna he the same exact movie except set in Metropolis

20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Joker in Space

aoftbsten likes this.
  21. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

All I can tell you is next one takes place in Thailand and is exactly the same as this one.

coleslawed and angel paste like this.
  22. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

So in Joker 2 he meets Bozo the Clown and find out he isn't anyone special, just a regular crazy dude who puts on clown paint and shoots yuppies in the subway really well. A small child picks up a broom at the end and everyone cheers.

Joker 3 retcons all of this and we learn that the Joker is actually Bruce Wayne's brother who was given up for adoption. Thomas Wayne has created a fleet of super-capitalism robots to eviscerate the proletariat once and for all and so Bruce and the Joker team up to stop him. Each movie makes a billion dollars.

Orla, coleslawed, Alba and 1 other person like this.
  23. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Just make the sequels the same kinda batshit crazy that the Gotham show apparently was.

24. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Rewatched this yesterday and yeah. Love Joaquin, but this movie has nothing to say.

25. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

incredible