Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Joker (Todd Phillips, October 4, 2019) Movie • Page 68

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Apr 2, 2019.

1. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Trauma makes you grow up quick so it makes sense

2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Can’t wait for 45-year-old Batman to fight 80-year-old Arthur Clownman

3. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

We Got This Covered is a 100% bullshit site.

But also, sure why the fuck not. Can’t be worse than this movie was.

Tim likes this.
  4. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Yeah, it's wild that WGTC still exists. Really says a lot about internet culture that no one notices their, like, 0% track record w/ random claims (unlike other big sources that are at least hit or miss enough to pay some attention to), & they just continue to just pull random nonsense out of their butts for the clicks.

5. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

That will never happen and I'll be mad if it does but I actually don't hate the idea of Bradley Cooper as Batman in general

6. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Finally saw this tonight and someone brought their like 9 year old child.

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  7. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

8. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

My daughter saw it with me on opening weekend, she just turned 12 on Tuesday. She sees a lot of films with me now, she saw this with me, Doctor Sleep, Pet Semetary, Child’s Play, and Us. Now this was the first year I allowed her to see R-rated material but she’s also mature enough to know it’s just entertainment. Her and I have the best conversations on the drives home about the movies we just seen.

9. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

On the positive side, Joker is a beautifully shot movie with an incredible score. And, as usual, Joaquin Phoenix does a great job.

However, I didn't expect how accurate the Saturday Night Live 'Grouch' spoof would be.

A 2+ Hour version of that headline every single news outlet uses when they cover comic con: "BANG! ZOOM! POW! COMIC [movies] AREN'T JUST FOR KIDS ANYMORE!"

Far too self-serious for my tastes, subverting an existing license just for the sheer purpose of envelope pushing. Shame.

Kingjohn_654 and aoftbsten like this.
  10. I just finished watching this for the first time. I honestly liked this quite a but more than I thought I would.

I think my two biggest gripes were the humor at the expense of little people (is that ever going to be something that dies?) and the Live with Murray ending bit with Arthur and Murray’s lengthy conversation - felt like a tweak of the dialogue could’ve made that scene work better.

It’s definitely not perfect but it was certainly interesting and at the very least did aim to be something different. Hopefully there’s no sequel because I thought this was a nice sort of “What If...” type story.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  11. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I am watching JOKER

12. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

This uh, fucking sucks?

13. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

This is a truly, truly terrible film. Not in a satanic panic problematic way like people were trying to frame it. It’s poorly written, convoluted and an absolute mess. I really am having a bad time watching it and I don’t even know if I like Phoenix in it. I have so many problems with this I don’t know where to start. It may be the most I’ve disliked a film in a long time

14. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

If they do the Taxi Driver finger gun one more time lol

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  15. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

What?!

16. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

This was a 2 hour long fantasy sequence. None of that actually happened. What a waste of everyone’s time

17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

honestly don't know if suicide squad is worse

18. Morrissey

Trusted

All of the problems are obvious and have been talked about to death, but it wasn't on the level of a Nicolas Winding Refn film or anything like that. It was just a lazy Scorsese ripoff where the subtext is presented uncritically.

Marx&Recreation likes this.
  19. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

What am I supposed to believe really happened in this film? In the "reality" of the film, what is truthful? What is in Arthur's mind?

20. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

so you liked it, tight

imthesheriff and Gnarly Charlie like this.
  21. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I’m one of the few who thinks Phoenix was actually pretty bad in this so thank you

22. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

didn’t find this awful so much as i did incredibly dull. one of the most plodding viewing experiences i’ve had in a long time.

23. spreadthehummus2321

wanna go for a ryyyde

just saw this last week didnt think it was amazing like a lot of ppl were telling me it would be but i would still say it was pretty good. im usually a sucker for ambiguous movies but yea i would say it was a bit contrived. nothing wrong w phoenix either i thought he was great but i dont think ledgers joker will ever be topped ha

24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I checked holy shit this is real

Jake W likes this.
  25. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

It was a really good performance

333 GANG likes this.