Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Joker (Todd Phillips, October 4, 2019) Movie • Page 46

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Wow

3. Huh... would not have expected that.

5. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

6. RyanRyan Oct 21, 2019
    (Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2019)
    RyanRyan

Whatever you think about the film, people trying to get pictures/videos at a spot they saw in a film they enjoyed is in no way more offensive than people taking selfies at the 9/11 memorial wtf

7. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah that's a bit tone deaf... I'd compare it to the Exorcist steps instead lol

9. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

First of all it’s Twitter y’all the place of hyperbole calm down
    Secondly I’ve seen a shitload of Bronx NYers expressing that this is some gentrification ass shit, so like, I think they’re perfectly entitled to be pissy about it

Marx&Recreation likes this.
  10. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

It actually is substantially more offensive

Wharf Rat likes this.
  11. RyanRyan

Lmao

12. RyanRyan

If they complained about gentrification then that’d make sense...complaining of people taking pictures on steps is not the same as complaining about people taking selfies at the site of a terrorist attack though. And it’s incredible that hyperbole is being mentioned here when most of the complaining about this film was indeed hyperbole. Just a tone deaf edgy joke

13. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

RyanRyan likes this.
  14. RyanRyan

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  15. supernovagirl

Are we on the same page about hyperbole here? Which complaints about this film were exaggerated claims not to be taken seriously? Not sure what you mean by that

also... of course it’s not “the same”. Hence hyperbole???

Also the people going there to take pics on the steps IS the gentrification lol.

16. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

yeah so edgy

17. RyanRyan

Haha I’m just not in the business of defending dumb tweets citing 9/11 is all. You do you

18. RyanRyan

19. supernovagirl

I’m just saying it’s clearly a hyperbolic joke (not even defending/saying that it’s funny) so it’s wild so many people took it super seriously, including yourself who said “that’s not the same thing!” Ya no shit, ever heard of a hyperbole...

20. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Why are you being like this? Do you not know what sarcasm is?

21. RyanRyan

If you can’t grasp why I personally find sarcasm/hyperbole about terrorist attacks all that tasteful then idk what to say to you really. I’m fully aware it’s a joke, and of what hyperbole is. It’s just a dumb tweet in my opinion.

22. supernovagirl

Ok then fucking say that you don’t find it tasteful or funny, don’t take it seriously and say they aren’t the same when the comparison part is clearly the hyperbole part.

Marx&Recreation likes this.
  23. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

That’s not at all how your first posts come across, where you talk about them complaining as if they’re actually complaining.

Also it’s not talking about terrorist attacks, it’s about people’s mindless reactions *to* the attacks

supernovagirl likes this.
  24. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

anyway I posted that not because of the caption which who cares (apparently someone does, but I’m not going to name names),but to share the video of people actually doing it, which is hilarious

supernovagirl likes this.
  25. RyanRyan

A joy to talk to as always