Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Joker (Todd Phillips, October 4, 2019) Movie • Page 24

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Apr 2, 2019.

2. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Some scenes (including a key scene in the third act) have leaked on Reddit in case any of you are interested.

3. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Coooooooooool

4. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I already have a list of 2019 films that think they have something to say while saying nothing.

5. The takes are all over the spectrum on this one. I'm still excited to see it, but much less optimistic about it leaving any meaningful impression on me.

Your Milkshake likes this.
  6. Morrissey

Trusted

Glenn Kenny's reviews aren't always right, but he is always entertaining when he hates something.

7. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

8. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

9. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

This thing is tracking like crazy. I am so curious to see how the opening weekend is

10. I'm curious about what the average reviews are going to be given the initial festival hype and then the subsequent negative takes.

11. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

In general not sure but winning the Golden Lion could take this thing a long way compared to past winners.

12. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

Oh this movie was gonna make bananas money either way, in terms of American fictional characters, Joker almost supersedes Batman in icon status.

13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Curious to see this in six months when I don't have to pay for it and have the option to shut it off.

RyanPm40, Omni and Alba like this.
    David87, chewbacca110 and RyanPm40 like this.
  15. Anthony_

Wild to know now that the actual song used in that scene in the movie is by a child molester

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  16. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

what song is it?

17. Anthony_

18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

To be fair that song is still played at like hockey games it's bizarre

19. Anthony_

I actually just read something recently about how the last team that was still doing it stopped not too long ago. I don't think it's still played at any NHL games anymore, but I could be wrong.

I know the NFL has banned the song (actual shocker, considering it's the NFL) but the Patriots were like holding (ironic shocker, considering it's the Patriots) and were getting around it by playing a cover song or something for a while. But I think they may have stopped as well.

But yeah it is still way more common to hear than it should be.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  20. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

Not sure what I’m more excited for , seeing this film later tonight or coming here right after and posting the hottest of hot takes (no matter which way it goes)

Mrplum5089, coleslawed and Brent like this.
  21. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Had no idea about the background of this... mind=blown, and ruins one of the funniest scenes in The Office when Michael is sugared up from his everything pretzel.

22. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I didn’t know what song you guys were talking about so I had to go find out and now I’m really bummed out wtf
    It sucks to realize songs that are just like part of our culture are always made by shitty men who ruin it

23. matthaber

Only film I’ve seen that had police officers bag checking you as you go in

yung_ting likes this.
  24. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

do you go to a lot of early screenings?

matthaber likes this.
  25. matthaber

Not really . But I don’t think it’s common practice for security guards to be walking up and down the isles and rows of a theatre while the film is going and pulling people out if they looked sketchy. We literally had Guards starring you down the entire film watching yr every move and it was hella uncomfortable . Walking out of a film with multiple cops with there arms crossed watching yr movementS is not normal.