Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Joker (Todd Phillips, October 4, 2019) Movie • Page 18

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Nearly every time I attend a pre-screening, the theater applauds at the credits unless the movie is just really fucking bad

Jusscali and Zilla like this.
  2. Anthony_ Sep 1, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 2, 2019)
    Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Seriously though people that bash superhero movies need to get a life, it’s just painfully tiresome and not in any way insightful or intellectual. It’s honestly become a meme at this point.

justin. likes this.
  3. the rural juror Sep 1, 2019
    the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

It’s so dumb, I always feel intense secondhand embarrassment when people do it. I can’t imagine ever doing it unless the director / cast were actually present.

Edit: basically what @Anthony_ said

Anthony_ likes this.
  4. justin. Sep 2, 2019
    justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I prefer the Japanese way. They sit through the credits and then leave. Zero claps.

But then again.... i’m the Joker, baby hehe haha hoho hehe”

5. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Sometimes clapping can be cool, but 8 straight minutes? That’s excessive

6. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I don't think I've ever clapped at a movie, but if a crowd gets into a film enough to do so, who cares. Let people have their innocent fun, lol.

aoftbsten likes this.
  7. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

The last couple Star Wars and Avengers had clapping throughout which I don’t mind. They made sure not to clap during dialogue.

8. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Any time people clap at a movie, I always tell a friend sitting next to me “Projectionist - come on down and take a bow!”

It will be my go-to dad joke until the end of time.

9. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

damn all the crazy talk around this movie......its like the freaking joker has infected our minds and our discourse....

10. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Clapping is stupid unless everyone is aware someone part of the production is in attendance. I saw American Sniper at a regular screening and people were clapping or standing with their hand over their heart during the credits. No one from the movie can hear your praise!

11. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I worked at a movie theater for 5 years and that movie had by far the most rude and dumb audience of any movie I've experienced. I am not surprised

12. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Fuck

13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

American Sniper has one of my favorite reactions ever. I watched it with a bunch of Green Berets and they roasted the movie so fucking hard.

14. Dog with a Blog

[​IMG]

GrantCloud, Henry and oncenowagain like this.
  15. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

At MJR theaters, everyone claps to the beat of the opening theme at a certain part after the previews. People not from Michigan are always pretty confused when going for the first time.

Joe4th likes this.
  16. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

17. For anyone curious haha

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  18. flask

Trusted Supporter

The ovation for Pan's Labyrinth should have been longer tbh.

19. Lucas27

Trusted

Random, but all I can think of is in that episode of Spongebob when the crowd enthusiastically sings “For he’s a jolly good rookie” to him but then don’t care enough to finish the song. That’d be me at Cannes.

coleslawed likes this.
  20. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Taxi Driver got booed at Cannes

21. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Good, the main character was a bad man and should be booed!

angel paste and Marx&Recreation like this.
  22. Nathan

I wish there were a list of the longest boos at Cannes

23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

wait Neon Demon got booed and also got a 17 minute standing O, nevermind that's actually exactly what she deserves

SpyKi likes this.
  24. Nathan

I did find a list of movies that got booed and it’s a lot better than the movies that got standing ovations (though it included Neon Demon and the Paperboy, which were on that ovation list)

25. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

What actually happens is there are both cheerers and booers and whichever group lasts the longest is the winner and the reaction is recorded as such. The Pan’s Labyrinth haters were able to hold out for a whole sitcom episode before giving in

supernovagirl likes this.