Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jojo Rabbit (Taika Waititi, October 18, 2019) Movie • Page 8

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joe, Jun 1, 2018.

1. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

one of the worst films in the last few years

2. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

I liked it. Not for everyone I guess.

3. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

when you put it mildly, then yeah all the jokes made about jews and facial alterations are probably NOT gonna be everyone's cup of tea

4. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Yeah I can see how this wasn’t everyone’s cup of tea. It personally made my “best of” list for last year, I was a big fan *shrugs*

5. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

Yup like I said not for everyone lol

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I thought this was fine. The kids were surprisingly good.

7. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Finally got around to seeing this last night. I liked it but it definitely did not meet my (super high) expectations.

Weird coincidental side-note: my wife and I just bought my soon to be 6-year-old son his first pair of shoes with actual shoelaces on Saturday. We spent the entire weekend trying to get him to learn how to tie his shoes. When the film first started and they made several references to Jojo not being able to tie his shoes, I just connected to that struggle, haha.

I figured there'd be a significant payoff with those references and man that was such an emotional scene with his mom at the end.

RyanPm40 and ChaseTx like this.
  8. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

9. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

lol

10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious