Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jojo Rabbit (Taika Waititi, October 18, 2019) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joe, Jun 1, 2018.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

why is he throwing things at a tree when his mom is a tree that's rude

2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

That’s trailer was everything I hoped it would be, this looks like it’s going to be incredible. Taika is a genius.

3. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

man. hell yeah.

4. mad

I was right. Prestigious

took me a while to get this lol

GrantCloud likes this.
  5. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I am 110% all in on this movie.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

7. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

The internet was a mistake and also Earth and probably life in general

neo506, ChaseTx and spiffa0 like this.
  8. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

I’m very in for this

9. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Lol fuck yes

10. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Man, if historical accuracy about Hitler is important to them no one tell them what happens in Inglorious Basterds.

David87 and jkauf like this.
  11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

12. Kuri44

This looks great.

Also didn’t realize it was based off a book

13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

14. mad

I was right. Prestigious

yesss give Taika all the projects

15. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

that sounds perfect for him tbh, glad he'll have done two smaller movies inbetween thors

coleslawed likes this.
  16. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

If anyone can somehow make a football movie fun, its him.

17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Hoping this doesn't get removed.

New Details Emerge on Fox's Future as Disney Nitpicks the Studio's Film Slate

However, there’s one project that seems to be worrying Disney a little bit, and that’s Fox Searchlight’s Jojo Rabbit, directed by Taika Waititi. The film follows an awkward young German boy whose only ally is his imaginary friend Hitler (played by Waititi himself). Suddenly, his naïve patriotism is tested when he meets a young Jewish girl being hidden away by his mother. It’s a takedown of Nazism in the best way possible, but apparently Disney is a little worried about how the satire will come off to general audiences. As Variety notes:

“Halfway through one recent viewing one executive grew audibly uncomfortable, worrying aloud that the material would alienate Disney fans.”

How a movie that hilariously denounces Nazism would alienate Disney fans is beyond us, but it probably has something to do with the radical conservative crowd that supports Donald Trump and loves family friendly entertainment, the same kind of people who celebrated when James Gunn was unjustly fired as director of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3.

18. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Fuck Disney. And this country is fucked.

19. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

smh

20. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Ugh

21. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Damn

I'm very excited to see this. I hope it doesn't get axed

22. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

I don’t understand. If it’s still under the Fox banner most casual movie goers won’t associate it with Disney at all right?

23. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

There will be internet backlash (totally misplaced, especially from the wrong people) that will easily point out that isn't fox because Disney now owns Fox.

it's fucked. It's only a matter of time before Disney controls the entirety of what makes it to theaters (they're already screwing over movie theaters with unreasonable demands that smaller theaters cannot comply with, and bigger chains have to struggle to meet.)

But hey all the superhero buds get to hang out now so no need to worry

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  24. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, with Fox being a bigger studio that made mostly original content and Disney being a re-run factory, this is exactly what I feared. Disney fucking sucks and Bob Iger’s an uncreative asshole. If they end up sinking Fox Searchlight, that’s another huge hit to indie filmmaking.

25. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

I would be crushed if it gets pulled.