Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

John Wick: Chapter Two (Stahelski, 2017) Movie • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Aug 15, 2016.

1. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Your first paragraph and second paragraph contradict each other. HE GOT EVERYTHING HE NEEDED TO PROGRESS / TOTALLY USELESS

2. Perhaps I'm not following, but I don't understand what you gain by not having Fishburne play that character. Like, that character's involvement was necessary for the story. Anyone could have played that character, but why not have Fishburne play him? What's wrong with taking joy in his casting and getting to see those two reunite on screen together?

3. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

The Fishburne stuff served basic story and plot mechanics, but my biggest issue with it is it wasn't all that entertaining. We probably spent too much time with them but they're setting up sequel stuff (which always grates on me, it takes away momentum and urgency from the standalone story).

4. This was awesome. Right up there w/ Fury Road, Raid 1 & 2, and the first John Wick as another truly great action movie from these past few years. So many cool action set pieces. Story is the least important aspect of a John Wick movie for me.

Speaking of other great recent action movies, I'd probably throw Winter Soldier, Civil War, the recent Mission Impossibles, and Kingsman in there as well.

Serh likes this.
  5. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Hardcore Henry is low key really dope too.

coleslawed and Letterbomb31 like this.
  6. Hardcore Henry is kind of trash but definitely more fun than it has any right being

7. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Man this was so great. Still think I enjoyed the first one more, but what a spectacular follow-up.

I loved how Johnathan Wick and Common looked like they had received the same training, because their moves mirrored each other's quite often. Thought it made for some cool scenes. One of my favorite parts was when they were exchanging shots from different levels.

8. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Just got out of seeing this. I would usually wait for discount Tuesday, but couldn't make it yesterday. Worth the extra price of admission. Holy hell did I love this. Possibly even more than the first, time will tell there. It did a great job at expanding the world they built on and diving a little deeper in John's character. And needless to say the action sequences were breathtaking. The mirror scene was brilliant. I'm excited for a third chapter, but I am hoping for it to end there.

I'm guessing the next will be titled Excommunicado.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  9. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I'm thinking it'll be called chapter 3

10. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

The Final Chapter

11. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

My two buddy's and I were dying at this part. Just full blown laughter during.

12. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Had a lot of fun with this one. The room of mirrors was awesome, and I was a big fan of the comedic stuff, I thought that was all tasteful. I did find the score unremarkable this time around, which was disappointing because I thought it had such an identity in the first movie. I was surprised to see Tyler Bates was doing it here too. I guess it was just the direction they decided to go in.

13. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

This was great. I prefer the first one slightly. But these two movies along with Fury Road and the new Dredd have been some of the best action movies I've seen in a long time.

14. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I really want a third, considering how they left this one off, but I hope they call it "The Final Chapter" so there's no mistaking that it's the end. I think there is definitely, without question, one more film left in this universe and they'd be foolish not to make it, considering they're 2/2 right now. And I liked the first one more, but this one was still excellent.

And there was nothing wrong with Laurence Fishburne's character or with him playing the character, for the record.

15. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I hope the third film is the last too, but god I hope they don't call it The Final Chapter

16. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I need it to be the last one cause they need to let John retire with his dog and chill and be happy :brokenheart:

Aaron Mook, Ken and coleslawed like this.
  17. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

This was great. As others have said the shoot out with Common, and Wick in the crowd with silencers was awesome[\spoiler].

18. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Dope as hell. Doesn't beat the first one for me but a great movie

19. Davjs

Trusted

Movie was super fun. Towards the end it kinda got to a point where there are more assassins in the city than just regular civilians but for an action movie, it was easy enough to overlook.

The Common parts were awesome, esp when they have to stop mid fight to go get a drink.

Every movie you listed is fantastic.

20. airik625

21. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Need to get the blu ray... and the first one too.

22. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Also, thinking about getting this for my desk at work...

[​IMG]

23. airik625

24. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Stop.

Bloodsucker II likes this.