Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

John Wick: Chapter Two (Stahelski, 2017) Movie • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Aug 15, 2016.

1. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I wanted to see this tonight but my dad wants to go with me so I have to wait til Sunday.

2. suicidesaints Feb 9, 2017
    (Last edited: Feb 10, 2017)
    suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Going tomorrow afternoon. So excited.

edit: got my tickets for 5:15 tonight. This work day is gonna draaaaag.

3. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Gonna try and wait until discount Tuesday to see this, but the weekend will be tempting me.

4. TedSchmosby

Trusted

What's the word?

5. flask

Trusted Supporter

This is even better than the first one. And I loved the first one.

Aaron Mook and coleslawed like this.
  6. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

It's fuckin' great. Everyone who loved the first one will be extremely happy with this one too. Pretty sure there will be a third movie, which I'm all for as long as it ends there.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  7. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

coleslawed likes this.
  8. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

9. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I loved it. I think I loved the first more just cause his motivations with his dog felt so... pure lol. But I loved this too and they did some really cool things with the visuals. The mirror exhibit and the catacombs were cool. The fight choreo was artful. But dang there are a lot of assassins lol. And they can all speak these languages like what kind of amazing immersion school do they attend? I was like what if in all these assassins there's just a rando citizen who's like wtf is happening?!

suicidesaints likes this.
  10. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I agree. I liked the first one more because of the dog premise, but this one was still sooo good.

11. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Yeah the first was better but this was a blast. Just got back from seeing it with my dad and we both loved it. There's obviously going to be a third one.

12. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I'm nervous for the third! He's in a pickle! like ommmg just leave him alone and let him live with his dog in peace tbh!!

13. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

The bit where Wick and Common shoot at each other from the hip with silencers in a crowd of people was brilliant

14. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

This was fucking awesome

15. ForestOfAllusion

Old Aesthetic Prestigious

for action sequels this was a good one.

16. Dog with a Blog

God that scene was fucking incredible.

I typically hate seeing movies with a big crowd but this show was packed to the brim and it actually made it a lot of fun. Hearing everyone react during the pencil scene was hilarious.

amorningofsleep and Aaron Mook like this.
  17. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

truly can't be overstated how good this was. fuck. the mirrors scene in the museum was jawdropping.

18. ForestOfAllusion

Old Aesthetic Prestigious

a cinematography achievement like no other

Bloodsucker II likes this.
  19. Dog with a Blog

dat fuckin' mirror room :verysad::verysad::verysad:

20. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Real fun. I don't need a third.

Bloodsucker II likes this.
  21. flask

Trusted Supporter

My theater went wild when he pinned the dude with the shotgun and reloaded.

22. Night Channels

Trusted

I loved every minute of this and I'm hoping for the third and hopefully final act.

The mirror exhibit was so good.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  23. I'm pretty sure this was the best action film I've ever seen and probably a top five film for me period. I was blown away by that theater experience. It doubled down on everything that worked for the first film-- the long, stylized action sequences, the atmosphere and lighting, the self-aware sense of humor -- and added even more depth to the John Wick character and the mythology of this secret society of hitmen. Not a single line of dialogue felt wasted. As someone who isn't really into action movies, it was just incredibly well put together. In short: I want to go again haha

coleslawed likes this.
  24. Loved this, loved their scene on the train, loved their shoot-out with the fountain

25. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I had a lot of fun at this and of course it does a lot of things really well but after some more reflection I'm not 100% on it. The first film's action was propelled more by character and thematics, here the action came more from serialization and justifying the existence of a John Wick sequel (and likely trilogy) than being a story of import. The action and photography were better than the first though, so it was an earned experience overall and will likely be one of the stronger action outputs of the year. I may grow to appreciate it more if I find more underneath the surface the more I think on it.