Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

John Wick 3: Parabellum (Derek Kolstad, May 17, 2019) Movie • Page 8

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Jun 5, 2018.

1. After the Morocco scenes I'm convinced that I would love a spin off where John Wick dies and we follow his dog around getting revenge.

2. Dog with a Blog

C9D96E4A-EF77-420A-807D-5F5FC4318C45.jpeg

3. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

The antique knife fight is straight out of a Jackie Chan movie. Maybe my favorite fight scene in the whole series

Halle Berry’s dogs also ruled. ”He shot my dog.” ”I get it.”

coleslawed and Wharf Rat like this.
  4. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Winston betraying him was so upsetting. John just single handedly saved your ass and you’re gonna shoot him like it’s nothing?!? The fuck man. I was hoping that they staged it to get the High Table off their backs.

aoftbsten and Wharf Rat like this.
  5. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Saw this today and it's just as good as the second one (I'd probably put them dead equal). This has to be one of the best action series ever, right? I can't think of another one that has been this consistent. That huge knife fight at the beginning had me grinning the whole time, and the last fight with the bald dude and the sword was also absolutely amazing

I absolutely can't wait for the fourth one, and I also kind of feel like that should be the last one

6. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

Only series that comes close is Mission Impossible but even that series has a couple stinkers. If the fourth Wick is even just good then I don’t think it’s much of a conversation.

coleslawed likes this.
  7. BackyardHero11

Trusted

speaking of Mission Impossible, idk about anyone else, but I'd love to see Tom Cruise and Keanu Reeves do a stunt crazy action movie together, like for real. two badass action stars in their 50s haha.

coleslawed, jkauf and I Am Mick like this.
  8. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I didn't think Winston betrayed him at all. If he wanted to kill John in that moment, he would have.

coleslawed and secretsociety92 like this.
  9. BackyardHero11

Trusted

yeah there was something about Ian McShane's delivery that left me with the idea he knew John would survive and get away when she went to him saying the body was gone

10. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Yea, I got the feeling Winston knew Jon would survive. Also, Charon couldn’t do that to Jon. Not after all the time he’s spent bonding with Dog.

coleslawed and Wharf Rat like this.
  11. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

I certainly hope that's the reveal cos the whole "ah it was a show of strength so we would let you keep the Continental" explanation landed like a wet fart for me

12. PepsiOne

Yeah I wouldn’t mind Winston being a villain in 4 but the idea of rooting against Lance Reddick in these movies is extremely painful

13. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Yeah I mean Winston is pretending to be on their side and John is going after them from the outside. Seemed pretty obvious to me, I didn't think there was any other way to interpret it honestly.

14. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I agree, if Winston was trying to John he would have shot him in the face. You don't shoot the boogeyman in the chest and expect him to die.

coleslawed likes this.
  15. PepsiOne

I do think it’s slightly more interesting if it’s Winston actually betraying John bc it makes this world seem that much more brutal and unforgiving and I wouldn’t trust a single thing that isn’t John Wick or a dog going forward

coleslawed and Marx&Recreation like this.
  16. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Mission: Impossible only has one stinker to be exact.

17. BackyardHero11

Trusted

and even that still has some pretty crazy action haha

18. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

I hope you are talking about Mission Impossible II because that used the mask gimmick far too often and despite John Woo directing it the action scenes were underwhelming.

joe.boy.fresh. and jkauf like this.
  19. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Yep

secretsociety92 likes this.
  20. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

Good because I would personally take Hard Target or Broken Arrow over that film any day and they aren't even Woo's best American efforts.

21. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

If Winston has indeed done a heel turn I want Jon to kill him and then Charon to inherit the Continental.

22. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

I think Winston did betray him just because if he didn’t I feel like they would have actually explicitly shown that. This isn’t the type of movie to try to hide the ball like that

imthesheriff likes this.
  23. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Definitely got the vibe Winston knew what he was doing and where to shoot John, especially with Lance Reddick saying “Well-played” and the look he gave — issue is the fall is comical. His reaction to being told he wasn’t where he fell seemed to hint at it too.

24. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

Yeah tbh until they showed John on all fucked up I thought it was gonna be like when BBC Sherlock faked his own death

Marx&Recreation likes this.
  25. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter