Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

John Wick 3: Parabellum (Derek Kolstad, May 17, 2019) Movie • Page 7

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Jun 5, 2018.

1. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

YES

2. chris

Trusted Supporter

fuck yes, make a hundred more tbh

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  3. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Wonder if it’ll be the next one or the one after that when people turn on the franchise. I’d really like for them to go out on a high note before every aggressively On Line™ person decides it’s time to start hating these.

Joe4th likes this.
  4. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

I feel like this one was the shaggiest of the franchise, but absolutely delivers the goods. Favorite parts were the knife fight and the interaction where the bald guy fanboys on him.

coleslawed likes this.
  5. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

these movies are remarkably consistent imo but I'm also not sure how the story could go on more than another movie or two

6. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I love these movies but if he goes after the high table what’s left?

coleslawed and Anthony_ like this.
  7. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

This explains everything

8. phaynes12

what does that "mean"

coleslawed likes this.
  9. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Holy hell. It was going to be hard to top the fight choreography of the last one, but damn this was incredible. The knife store, the tactical dogs (fuckin good dogs in this movie), and the swords on the bulletproof glass were just fantastic.

Part of me is slightly worried they may milk this dry, but on the other hand, before he was just back... now he's pissed. Sign me up for #4. I suppose the title also told us there'd be another ("prepare for war").

10. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I can't wait until 2021. Give me John Wick 4 now.

11. Dog with a Blog

I love me a nice confined story. Knowing that a franchise could go on indefinitely gives me anxiety. With that said, I’m not gonna say no to more John Wick but I hope they can find a solid conclusion with 4.

As for this one, I absolutely loved it. There were only a couple things that felt a little out of place for me. 1. As ridiculous as these movies are, they are bound to a certain set of logic and rules that help ground them and that broke for me in the two instances where people seemingly disappeared out of thin air. Even with bald boi acknowledging it the first time it still felt kinda unnecessary and broke the logic of the film imo. 2. As badass as John Wick is, he’s still only human and one of the best things about this movie is they show him surviving off of his wit and skill without relying too heavily on plot armor. But there’s no way he would have survived that fall. I wish they would have just added some extra padding or something cause that was just a tad too much for me. Sorta reminds me how with the Die Hard series the best part is that John McClane is just a guy in the first one. But then as the series progresses he stops being John McClane and starts becoming Super Hero Action Man 5000. Not to suggest John Wick is “just a guy,” but he’s also not superhuman.

Anyways, those are only small nitpicks in an otherwise fantastic entry. A lot to enjoy with this one.

12. Dog with a Blog

Also, “he shot my dog.” “...I get it.” is my favorite exchange in this whole franchise lol

13. Dog with a Blog

14. Doomsday

strange days are here to stay Prestigious

This movie was so damn awesome. Probably my favourite of the 3

15. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

yeah I mean I feel like the obvious sequel set up is kind of lame but its kind of the price you pay for getting more of these movies that absolutely kill it in other ways so //shrug

16. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

definitely could have slimmed down the “John goes to person A to get him to person B” on repeat x3, but each of those interactions was pretty great, too.

17. BackyardHero11

Trusted

absolutely loved this. these continue to be some of the most beautifully shot action films. the action was wild. my whole audience was reaction audibly during that knife fight, such a great theatre experience haha. love the way they build and expand such a cool world and lore out of such a simple premise.

coleslawed likes this.
  18. BackyardHero11

Trusted

yeah I mean he definitely defies logic of survival haha, but I agree when that fall happened I was like... alright, that's a bit far? but I'm just gonna accept it and role with it haha. so happy Morpheus is still around. also... "what do you need?" "guns, lots of guns" perfect throw back haha.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  19. BackyardHero11

Trusted

also, Ian McShane just sitting with the dog and a glass of liquor listening to classical music, hanging up the phone. iconic haha.

20. BackyardHero11

Trusted

21. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

After seeing this my first reaction is that this is my favourite of the three, it certainly contains the best action of the series and for my money is definitely the funniest.

22. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Really fun, as usual the action was fucking bonkers. It's weird though, the world they built in this franchise and all the lore, rules, characters etc are all really interesting, but every minute Keanu isn't fighting somebody I'm bored to tears. Like the middle of this movie was just a slog for me.

Also a lot of really wonky CGI. John falling off the building at the end was slapstick. Dude looked like a gummy man

Zilla and flask like this.
  23. phaynes12

delete the post

24. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I’ll stand by it.

Still one of my favorites of the year

25. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

John Wick can apparently throw a gun harder than a gun fires a bullet (according to the bulletproof dudes reactions) so he's obviously not a human

AWasteOfATime likes this.