Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

John Wick 3: Parabellum (Derek Kolstad, May 17, 2019) Movie • Page 10

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Jun 5, 2018.

1. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

That knife fight at the beginning was everything.

They really went fuck it with the lore of this world and it is bonkers. Are there any normal people in this world? I will admit it seems to have gone into almost indestructible superhero territory. The first felt a little more grounded in reality, this is just off the wall. Fucking loved it though. It’s basically a comic book

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  2. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I've only seen the first two when they came out on video but I think they wanted to explore the criminal underworld John used to be a part of and how he's thrust back in and cannot escape. Also, with any sequel/franchise entry, they always have to up the ante in action.

3. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Give me a John Wick anime series

AWasteOfATime and Wharf Rat like this.
  4. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

5. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

An older woman came up to me at work today (I work at a movie theater), slammed her purse on the counter, crying and shouted "You can't just shoot animals!" I obviously was confused, as I had never and will never shoot an animal, so I said "Okay?" She says "When's the fucking thing over?" I say I have no idea what she's talking about and she sighs like I'm a fucking idiot.

Anyway, turns out she didn't like that the franchise that was built on the shooting of a dog included the shooting of a dog. I didn't even get a chance to explain that she should go back and watch as the dog was actually totally fine and gets its revenge.

6. Jake Gyllenhaal

I’ve been watching HBO’s Chernobyl and for those who have seen it, I watched episode 4 tonight and that was rough

jkauf likes this.
  7. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Literally the first thing I thought of when she was yelling at me, hope she never watches it.

(for what it's worth, I fully sympathize with her. I just had no idea what the fuck was going on until she was walking away)

8. Jake Gyllenhaal

That scene in JW3 definitely caught me by surprise but yea, the dog came out fine. When I rented the first JW, the opening scene totally bummed me out

9. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Rewatched the first one before seeing this and it still makes me cry.

10. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

coleslawed likes this.
  11. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Anthony_, I Am Mick and imthesheriff like this.
  12. AP_Punk

achin' to be Prestigious

Finally saw it today. Holy shit, I can't wait to see it again.

13. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Finally saw this and wasn’t letdown by it at all. This series gets better with each movie. The knife museum scene was so awesome, as was the fight in Morocco with Halle & her dogs. Great fucking stuff. Still bringing in good crowds, too. Can’t wait for John Wick to square off against the High Table.

AP_Punk likes this.
  14. Cmoney86

Trusted

I know this is off topic but I can’t wait to see him in cyberpunk 2077 I hope he is as bad ass in that game as he is in theses movies

15. Watching the first two I always thought that john did a lot of wrestling moves and now we know why

coleslawed likes this.
  16. secretsociety92 Jun 28, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 28, 2019)
    secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

Just realised that this has well and truly made more money at the box office worldwide than the two previous films combined, which in a year that has seen sequel after sequel flop is pretty remarkable. Granted the budget for this is way higher than the previous two (again higher than both combined) but I'm sure this has still made plenty of money.

coleslawed and imthesheriff like this.
  17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

18. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

we stan a king

Matt, imthesheriff and aoftbsten like this.
  19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

this is my favorite movie of all time because is features a Kyary Pamyu Pamyu song lol

20. Kuri44

Finally got to watch this. Amazing.

Dirty Sanchez and aoftbsten like this.
  21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

22. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Ughhh

23. Hmm, idk about that choice. I haven't seen the Underworld movies, and this guy has only been doing tv here and there for the last decade.

24. secretsociety92 Oct 8, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 8, 2019)
    secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

Not entirely sold on Len Wiseman as he is 50/50 in terms of what he has directed with Underworld being solid if unspectacular and Live Free or Die Hard is a good entry into the Die Hard series but again had its issues. While Underworld: Evolution was a complete bore and his Total Recall remake was utterly mundane.

25. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Solid ranking.

coleslawed and Wharf Rat like this.