Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

John Moreland - LP5 (February 7, 2020)

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Feb 6, 2020.

1. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Did not see a thread for this yet but it leaked and I figured it would be good to start a thread.

2. jdr2187

jdr2187

John Moreland is just so good. This record could be his best and that’s coming from an artist who has put nothing but great albums out. His name should be mentioned right there with guys like Isbell, Childers, and some of the other bigger names in the genre.

DaydreamNation likes this.
  3. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

some good stuff on here

4. Finally got to listen to this and it's as great as the singles made it seem it would be

5. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

What are people's thoughts on "A Thought Is Just a Passing Train"? I don't hate it but it's my least favorite on the album.

6. jdr2187

jdr2187

That one bothered me as well on first listen, but I’ve really come around to it now. Kind of has a Hiss Golden Messenger feel to it.

7. I think this might be my favorite of his at this point, and that's saying a lot give how much I love High on Tulsa Heat. Wish this dude got more attention on here

8. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

I really like this. I haven't put a lot of thought into how I would compare it to the rest of his catalog though. However, gun to my head right now I would probably rank this 3rd behind HOTH and BBL

9. jdr2187

jdr2187

Been listening to JM all weekend. This guy is so underrated.

Dave Diddy and imthesheriff like this.