Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

John Mayer Band • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 14, 2016.

1. jorbjorb

7 rings

Neon = Hardest guitar riff in the world. How the heck does he play that with two fingers?

2. JulieLynn

Karma is the Guy On The Chiefs Supporter

[​IMG]

coleslawed, nl5011, anonimito and 4 others like this.
  3. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Yeah I straight gave up on that.

jorbjorb likes this.
  4. jorbjorb

7 rings

Even “who says” is tricky lol.

5. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Forgot how much I enjoy "Love on the Weekend."

6. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Such a great little tune.

anonimito likes this.
  7. vidiviciveni

Trusted

That whole album is underrated. Got dumped on by everyone for its weird release which was admittedly super weird, but Still Feel Like Your Man, Love on the Weekend, Moving On, Helpless, In The Blood, all classic Mayer.

My one complaint is that the last couple songs make it sound like a Pixar movie soundtrack.

Barcara and beachdude like this.
  8. Barcara

Regular

I always forget about Battle Studies, probably because Born and Raised was my introduction and then went into Continuum, so it's sandeiched between those monsters in his discography, but revisiting it now and it's so good.

I personally don't mind Crossroads, find it a fun little break. Heartbreak, Perfectly Lonely and War of my Life are all probably top tier John songs for me, definitely the first two.

9. vidiviciveni

Trusted

What do people like about Born & Raised? I’ve given it many casual listens and not much sticks with me.

Shadow Days is probably his weakest single period.

10. SpyKi

The songwriting is ace on that album. It's his second best after Continuum imo.

ChaseTx, Barcara and nl5011 like this.
  11. Barcara

Regular

Oh man, Shadows Days is one of my favourites haha. Mostly, its the instrumentation that really appeals to me, so full and lush while maintaining that folk rock aesthetic, but I enjoy the lyrics too.

12. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Anyone see him on this most recent tour? Contemplating checking him out.

13. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I want to go but I’ll be on vacation when he comes here next week. You should definitely go though!

Steve_JustAGuy likes this.
  14. Greg Robson

gregrobson.net Moderator

No. But I have had friends that have thoroughly enjoyed it. Really playing a diverse array of stuff. Highly recommend based on the recommendation of 4-5 friends who saw the show.

Steve_JustAGuy likes this.
  15. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

He played Continuum in full in the middle of a show a few weeks ago. That would have been amazing to see.

16. SpyKi

damn, I would kill to see that.

Craig Manning likes this.
  17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

I would shit myself in public for that

SpyKi likes this.
  18. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

And yeah, John is a must-see if like his music even the tiniest bit

19. Greg Robson

gregrobson.net Moderator

Absolutely agree. He is a must-see. A rare talent. We are lucky to have him around.

20. Craig Manning

21. Greg Robson

gregrobson.net Moderator

At MSG of course. Artists always love to give their best at MSG. But I'm a biased New Yorker. So yeah.

22. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Genuinely would have cried if that happened at a show I was attending

23. Barcara

Regular

In Repair is one of his most underrated songs.

24. Craig Manning

He had Chris Stapleton come by for a song in Nashville and they played something they wrote together just this week.

25. Barcara

Regular

Song is great. I listened to it once yesterday and have had it stuck in my head all weekend, hope it gets an official release.

Put two top tier songwriters in a room together for even just a couple hours and this is what you get.