Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

John Mayer Band • Page 10

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 14, 2016.

1. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

I’ve been wondering when he might put together an actual cohesive record again. Hopefully sometime soon.

2. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

3. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

This is exciting to me. I love his full-blown studio work (and of course his electric guitar), but I've felt a few times lately like he kind of buried a great lyric under a little too much other stuff. For instance, I really think I prefer the live acoustic take of "I Guess I Just Feel Like" to the studio version.

4. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

ChrisCantWrite likes this.
  5. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

So at least a decade late to this observation, but Heavier Things is excellent. It's funny, when this came out, I'd have said the production kinda sounds like a lot of other stuff. But hearing it for the first time now, I actually get a huge nostalgia trigger from something that sounds like this. I knew the hits but the one that really jumps at me is "New Deep"

anonimito and Craig Manning like this.
  6. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

What is the song he sings at the end of this? Sounds gorgeous.

anonimito likes this.
  7. zmtr

Trusted

He played this when I saw him in 2017.

anonimito and Matt Chylak like this.
  8. Craig Manning

It's the "Minivan Rock" production style! The 50 Greatest Minivan Rock Songs

anonimito likes this.
  9. cshadows2887

10. Craig Manning

Haha, yeah, I remember tweeting something like "Not sure whether to feel seen or attacked by this list," and the guy who organized it messaged back and assured me the "minivan rock" name was tongue-in-cheek and the entire list was compiled with genuine love for these songs/artists.

anonimito likes this.
  11. cshadows2887

Haha the info you can get when you're a celebrated critic.

12. btr

Trusted Supporter

Room For Squares turns 20 today