Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

John Mayer to Release ‘The Search for Everything’ in Waves

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

John Mayer will be releasing his new album, The Search For Everything, throughout 2017. He will be releasing the record in four song increments. The first four will be released on January 20th.

Track Listing

1. Moving on and Getting Over
    2. Changing
    3. Love on the Weekend
    4. You’re Gonna Live Forever in Me

2. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Very excited for this. As someone that felt Love on the Weekend was his best song since the Continuum era, this has me really excited.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  3. Muzick

Wow. So 48 songs total?!

4. theredline

Trusted Supporter

I bet it's four songs every three months...but that would be nuts if it was 48!

5. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

6. Woohoo!

Regular

I hate when artists do this. Only my favorite artist could keep me engaged over several releases, and even then I would be pretty annoyed I couldn't hear the whole thing at once. I hated when My Chemical Romance released two songs a piece for their lost record Conventional Weapons, and I think it's a very solid album. I hated when Green Day did Uno, Dos, Tre. People inevitably lose interest after each release.

truelovewaits and js977 like this.
  7. Interesting! I'm all down for this model if the songs are good. It'll definitely make a lump sum of songs easier to digest.

It's funny--looking back at Thrice's Alchemy Index, I would've preferred that all 4 volumes had been released simultaneously. On the other hand, looking at The Dear Hunter's Color Spectrum, nine or ten months passed between the 36-song album releasing and me finishing listening to it all.

truelovewaits and Dan O'Neill like this.
  8. Yeah, sure, according to the All Time Low / Motion City Soundtrack fan!

;-p:crylaugh:

CMilliken and ALT/MSC/FAN like this.
  9. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Hahaha, you're not the first to assume that's the origin of my user name.

10. Oh I know. I thought it was so funny when they discussed it on the absolutepunk podcast.

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  11. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Interesting model for this release, but very excited for new music.

12. CMilliken

Trusted

Kinda weird to release them like that. But I'll take more John Mayer no matter how it comes. Also if it really is 48 songs that's nuts.

13. bobsheiskawy

is it the same for you? Prestigious

i will very, very happily take four new john mayer songs a month.

Schooner likes this.
  14. Steven Suarez

15. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Not really assuming. He said as much.

16. Steven Suarez

That he will be releasing 4 songs every single month of 2017? Or a batch of songs?

17. bobsheiskawy

is it the same for you? Prestigious

the facebook post says "The album will be released four songs at a time. Every month."

18. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Four songs a month, every month.

19. Schooner

Trusted

Holy shiiiit. I was wondering this with my bud. We were like "does he mean 4 songs x 12 months?!?" Guess he does.
    Hopes there's not too much filler. At least I can absorb them easier this way

20. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

My primary concern will be having to scroll back down through my recently added on Apple Music each time new songs come. Tho I suppose could just delete and re download each time.