Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

John Mayer - The Search For Everything Tour 2017 Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Feb 2, 2017.

1. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Boston setlist

(Full Band)
    Queen Of California
    Moving On And Getting Over
    I Don't Trust Myself
    Love On The Weekend
    Who Says

(Acoustic)
    Emoji Of A Wave
    Neon
    Free Falling

(John Mayer Trio)
    Vultures
    Johnny B. Goode
    Bold As Love

(Full Band)
    Changing
    Slow Dancing In A Burning Room
    Still Feel Like Your Man
    Belief
    Why Georgia

(Encore)
    Dear Maria
    Gravity
    You’re Gonna Live Forever In Me

pauljgreco likes this.
  2. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

I would've enjoyed last night so much more if I wasn't surrounded by some of the worst people I've experienced at a concert in years. It was so frustrating, and the staff at the venue were useless.

3. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Sorry to hear that. How so?

4. quietwords

Getting into fights with each other. Sitting in the aisles, refusing to move. Multiple beers spilt on us. A guy who literally just yelled shit at the stage the majority of the show, despite being nowhere near the stage. There were a handful of people around us were so drunk that it took them multiple attempts to get back to their seats. How do you keep giving these people alcohol?

The venue staff talked to two girls once, and then never came back. When I complained to one, he pretty much shrugged his shoulders and kept going.

I guess I'm not doing a great job explaining how awful they were and just seem like I'm whiney, lol. But I go to many shows. These were some of the worst people I've ever been around at a show. Luck of the draw, I guess.

5. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Oh no that sounds terrible I understand fully. It's one thing for people to have a good time, but another to have a good time with disregard for the people around you. I would've been really annoyed. Plus it's John Mayer - I'd expect it to be much more chill than that.

6. dlemert

Trusted

Going to the Columbus show tonight. Nosebleed seats but seeing Mayer live is always a good time.

7. jordanjohnson09

Regular

i had floor tix in cart for tonight at face value but didn't pull the trigger. please tell me this isn't the worst decision i have ever made

8. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Holy shit, Dave Chappelle came out in Columbus tonight to perform You're Gonna Live in Me Forever with John!!!!

9. TMS2787

Trusted

My god tonight was amazing.

10. dlemert

Trusted

CHAPPELLLLLLLE

11. quietwords

Wow. I thought the Boston setlist was good, but man, last nights looked stacked. Damn!

12. TMS2787

Trusted

There was a time when I wasn't a fan of John Mayer. I thought "Your Body is a Wonderland" and "No Such Thing" where so cheesy and for a long time I didn't want to know anything about him or his music. A while back I heard some of his stuff after that and thought it was pretty damn good. When "Love On The Weekend" came out last year I was hooked and fully dove into his full catalog and loved it. The show tonight was nothing short of fantastic. I always knew he could play guitar but my friend Mike said to me: "I couldn't prepare you for how it really is." And he was right. John shred all night and I was totally enriched in the whole thing. The show set up was awesome too and hit most of his catalog. Not to mention the show ended with him bringing out Dave Chappelle and paying tribute to Charlie Murphy. Tonight couldn't have been any better and our seats where great to boot. My girlfriend, of course loved it too. I can't wait to see him with Dead & Co. and then TSFE tour again.

pauljgreco and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  13. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea I got so much shit every time I told people I was going to see John Mayer, because people just think of those songs, which is wild because he's got so much more to offer. I really don't think the majority of people have any idea who he really is as an artist. (In the same boat as you with Dead & Co and the next leg of this tour. Particularly excited to see what he does with Dead & Co.)

14. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Couldn't agree with all of this any more! Honestly didn't realize how great and talented the guy was until he started playing with Dead & Co. My dad is a huge Deadhead so he started checking out John Mayer which in turn got me to check him out for and I absolutely fell in love. Seeing him play guitar the Dead & Co was great but the dude RIPS during his own songs too. Had such a blast at the Philly show.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  15. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Was disappointed in Kansas City that we got goddamn "Daughters" instead of "In Your Atmosphere" or "Neon." But we did get "Walt Grace," so that was cool. Good show.

16. SPine

Trusted

I envisioned Ron Swanson disliking Daughters but liking Walt Grace

Zilla likes this.
  17. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Oh I bet he would. A story about a self-made man? Right up his alley.

18. jordanjohnson09

Regular

holy yes

Serh, iCarly Rae Jepsen and TMS2787 like this.
  19. TMS2787

Trusted

20. CuttingMyFingersOff

Trusted

If I had a dollar for every time I clicked on this thread thinking it said "Joyce Manor" I would have about 5 dollars.

mattfreaksmeout and pauljgreco like this.
  21. meggers

Trusted

Went to this tonight and it was amazing. I haven't seen John in 7 years so it was a treat. I wish there would've been more old songs, but still amazing.

I did the volunteer thing, which I think some of y'all are too, I ended up 18th row or so on the floor. I don't think the tickets are that good every night, but it should be a decent seat if your show is indoors. Also, please show up to volunteer, tonight there was 10+ no shows so it made it slightly chaotic for a bit.

22. SPine

Trusted

If he doesn't play Vultures when I see him I will riot

mattfreaksmeout likes this.