Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

John Mayer - The Search for Everything (2017) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Matt Chylak, Nov 17, 2016.

1. JulieLynn

Karma is the Guy On The Chiefs Supporter

oh fuck don't tell me that

2. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

I was able to snag some later that day, but it was brutal. Looks like a lot of single tickets left, and some obstructed sections, too. :concerned:

3. JulieLynn

Just got my tickets, BAL328 right next to the stage. As long as i'm there, i'm happy.

4. quietwords

Same! I'm BAL317. Friend and I are going to make a day of it! Just happy to be there, haven't seen him since... 2009 or so.

5. JulieLynn

I got to see him with The Grateful Dead Nov 2015. But this will be my first time seeing him on his own tour.

quietwords likes this.
  6. quietwords

Good one to see, too! Acoustic set, trio set, and full band. I've seen him a few times, it's always a good show.

7. tucah

not champ Prestigious

8. vidiviciveni

Trusted

I've been playing Continuum at home almost daily lately, there's better songwriting on that album than I'd realized. "Vultures" is such a slick track, cannot get it out of my head.

9. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

zmtr likes this.
  10. Sounds funky.

11. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Four more songs tomorrow!

Can we talk about how one of them is genuinely named "Emoji of a Wave" haha?

12. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

great name.

13. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

I'm a fan of this method of releasing music. I get a whole month to jam a few songs, not get burned out, just in time for another batch to get me back in the mood. Rather than binge on a album for a month and not pick it up again for half a year or so, if that.

14. Spazzy McGee

Regular

You guys, it's so freakin' great. Better than Wave 1 IMO. And for the the curious he does NOT say the word "Emoji", it just refers to this -> but it actually won't show up on iTunes or regular music software, they show up as squares.

beachdude42 and Matt Chylak like this.
  15. zmtr

Trusted

Agreed

nl5011 likes this.
  16. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

"Helpless" is a goddamn jam.

beachdude42 and Spazzy McGee like this.
  17. zmtr

Trusted

bastards

18. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

My main leak site is down so I don't know where to look for this :verysad:

19. Thrill Collins

Kingdom? Same haha.

beachdude42 likes this.
  20. Spazzy McGee

Regular

Thrill Collins likes this.
  21. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I'll just wait six hours and it'll be streaming for me. Excited though. Definitely converted to this release pattern as it's keeping it interesting for me.

Thrill Collins likes this.
  22. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Excited to hear this, I already enjoyed Wave 1 quite a bit. Gonna listen in a bit.

23. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I caved and found this. First track is very funky.

24. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Love Wave Two. I think it's definitely a step up from the first, I love all four of these songs. My one complaint would be that the chorus of "Helpless" gets a little old but otherwise that song's a jam.

25. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Helpless is massive. Love the guitar lines in that and the two solos are technical without seeming overly flashy.

I do hope at some point of these, we get Mayer really letting loose on the fretboard though, I'd love something wth the intensity of his Hendrix Bold as Love cover