Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

John Mayer Nearing Deal to Host ‘Later’ Talk Show on Paramount Plus

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Variety:

Sources tell Variety that “Later With John Mayer” has been pitched to prospective broadcast partners as a series featuring performance segments as well as interviews with musicians, artists and other cultural figures in a setting designed to look like an after-hours club for musicians.

The series would run as a weekly offering on Paramount Plus, ViacomCBS’ streaming platform which was relaunched March 4. The plan is to have specials derived from the show’s performance segments air periodically on CBS as well. There is also talk of tie-ins with the Grammy Awards, which are aired on CBS.

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. Tata Toothy

Regular

Good for him, I don’t blame him for jumping on it.
    It could be good, but at the end of the day how many people are looking for another talk show?

Analog Drummer likes this.
  3. I can't wait for the Taylor Swift appearance to tease/promote her Speak Now re-recording haha

surgerone and Brent like this.
  4. BradBradley

Regular

How many of them are specific to Paramount Plus? Steaming services are trying to find ways to further justify their subscription fee and provide “well, if I cancel cable, I COULD watch this instead...” alternatives. I don’t think this one would be for me, but to be fair, talk shows aren’t really my thing anyway. I understand why they’d try to make this work though.

5. This has been a long time coming.

Brent likes this.
  6. Analog Drummer

Regular

This will be great, go John

7. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

"Dear John (feat. John Mayer)"

8. He should be so lucky

bradsonemanband likes this.
  9. Allthegiganticthings

Regular

Clips from Later with Jools Holland are a regular YouTube watch for me and as a casual fan of John Mayer, I’d check this out.