Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

John Mayer Knows He Messed Up. He Wants Another Chance. • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 23, 2017.

1. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Do you... understand why?

2. Understand why what? That people are commenting a lot about a video they haven't seen and don't know anything about beside a few lines in an interview? Do you understand why I find that ... impressive?

Shordeli and Schooner like this.
  3. St. Nate

Honestly I don't. But yeah why do you think people are commenting on it? I mean.. I think it's cause some Asian folks are weary of appropriation and from a learned experience what he said reads a lot like appropriation and it may not turn out that way but trust me it look like some red flags. But why do you think that people are commenting on it? Maybe I will understand why you find it impressive.

4. Schooner

Trusted

You can understand though that the point is that you shouldn't judge things that you haven't seen yet though surely.

Case it Point, the ad to Logan (except the Johnny Cash song) looked below average to me, but I kept my mouth shut til i watched the movie last week and it was fantastic. Prob will be close to the best thing I watch all year. And thats even with an ad. Mayer hasn't even shown a still of the clip

It's like ppl going into a rage over news article headlines and commenting on the Facebook comments without even reading the articles

5. St. Nate

I don't find that comparable at all.

I'm not determining the quality of Mayer's video from what I read, but the likelihood of whether a white guy who is literally asking for a second chance after saying some racist shit, is gonna include racial appropriation in his music video. And some Panda (Chinese) costumes and a geisha (not Chinese) doesn't really bold well.

Fool me once, twice, thrice... If it doesn't turn out as expected, fine then I'd be relieved. The point is don't deflect the experiences of others, in particular minorities.

6. Schooner Mar 23, 2017
    (Last edited: Mar 23, 2017)
    Schooner

Trusted

So from now on every film clip made must only feature things from your own ethnicity

Better tell Coldplay to stop with the elephant outfits

fran.182 and fenway89 like this.
  7. St. Nate

Lol. Wut? Lolllll

Lollll

Lolllllll

Lolllllllll

I can't.

Like how does one even reach this conclusion?

Hahahahahahaha!!!

Like... omg...

Heh..

8. St. Nate

Lolllll.

I'm sorry. I'm still laughing.

9. Schooner

Trusted

It's nice to bring a smile to miserable sods once in a while

10. St. Nate

I mean usually I'm just sad being disappointed by white people, but at least this time I get to laugh at some mental gymnastics.

Arry, cwhit and skogsraet like this.