Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

John Mayer’s Tour Brings in $50 Million

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

John Mayer’s North American leg of his tour has rapped up. Billboard is reporting it earned nearly $50 million so far:

The Connecticut-born singer-songwriter headlined shows in 32 cities during the run, topping $28 million in box office revenue from more than 425,000 sold tickets. Sales from the North American jaunt earn the artist the No. 1 slot on Billboard’s weekly slate of Hot Tours (see list below). In total, the tour has brought in nearly $50 million from box office totals reported since the tour launched in March.

2. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

Saw this thing in Nashville, and it was amazing. Seeing the trio onstage again was a true highlight for me.

3. honkytonk

Narcissism on narcotics

Caught this twice and loved it. Great set and fun crowd both times!

4. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Wish I went to the UK leg. Damn.

5. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Wow. Wish I could have seen him with the Dead guys, a few friends said it was way better than when they toured with Trey from Phish.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  6. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Seeing John with the Dead was one of my favorite concerts and I was not fan of John or the Grateful Dead prior.

7. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Saw him at the Hollywood Bowl in 2013. It was fantastic, and the crowd was much older than me (I was 24 at the time) with much more disposable income. The merch area was packed.

8. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

He's the best Dead music lead player since Jerry for sure

popdisaster00 likes this.