Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

John K. Samson - Winter Wheat (October 21, 2016) Album • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by troyplaysbass, Aug 15, 2016.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

troyplaysbass likes this.
  2. devenstonow

Noobie

3. cwhit

same night as the NCAA basketball finals, this is horrible

4. Still no Chicago, bummer.

Maybe Riot Fest will get the Weakerthans back together (in my dreams).

5. cwhit

starting to lean towards the philly show

6. cwhit

T.K. and Turkeylegz like this.
  7. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Oh My God he's coming to my city. Artists I love never come to my city. I've quite literally only been to 5 concerts here my entire life of bands I wanted to see.

8. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Okay so Philly it is

cwhit likes this.
  9. Barcara

Regular

Lacking a Calgary date... :(

10. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Lacking Alberta in general (Edmonton)

Barcara likes this.
  11. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Why would he want to go to Vampire Alberta?

Barcara likes this.
  12. Barcara

Regular

loudasallgetout likes this.
  13. cwhit

i realized that i am more excited for this show than anything else in my life right now

@Zac Djamoos buying tickets today? @jordalsh too maybe?

14. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Probably

15. cwhit

16. Tom Lee

Regular

17. flask

Trusted Supporter

Hopefully he comes back to southern california on a headliner. I thought about going to Frank Turner just to see him but according to setlist.fm he only played 6 songs.

18. JackFr67

As someone who stood front row centre at the Toronto show (and got a guitar pick), I hope you guys see a show that's just as good. The Weakerthans songs were great but seeing John and Christine's reaction to everyone already knowing the lyrics to the Winter Wheat songs was just as good.

Sadly that show will always connote what happened that night, but it was a really incredible time. Definitely the best show I've ever been to.

KennedyBN and Turkeylegz like this.
  19. Kennedy

Jealous as hell

20. Kennedy

One of my best friends is like a HUGE John K Samson / Weakerthans fan and he wrote John a letter a year ago. John wrote him back this week haha. Pretty cool reading back Johns letter. He said he wants to play a show in Edmonton again soon!!! Bless my city!

21. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

Troy, you'll get a kick out of this: I was writing the bridge to a song the other day. I had this sick vocal melody and kept thinking to myself, "Holy shit this is fire," but then I realized it was the exact same vocal melody used on winter wheat. I wasn't even mad; just jealous of John K. Samson and his beautiful musicality.

troyplaysbass likes this.
  22. Kennedy

I hate it when that happens haha

23. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I'm a beginner songwriter and this is happening more often than not. A lot of times I wish I knew more about theory or was more creative because it never feels like I can come up with anything new or good enough

Ugly Mug likes this.
  24. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

I wouldn't consider myself someone who has been in the "songwriter" frame of mind for very long, but honestly, I like running into moments like this. It gives me the chance to write something I find more appealing than what originally made it's way into my head.

One time I wrote out an entire song before realizing it was essentially basket case by Green Day. I changed up the chord progression and the vocal melody, and now I have a song in my pocket that I like more than Basket Case.

TedSchmosby likes this.
  25. Turkeylegz Jun 4, 2017
    (Last edited: Jun 4, 2017)
    Turkeylegz

Trusted

StormAndTheSun and CarpetElf like this.