Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

John K. Samson – “Alpha Adept” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Winter Wheat is such a good album. As expected Virtute At Rest absolutely destroyed me

James McKenzie and Turkeylegz like this.
  3. jco3

Regular

Damn, this is great. Reminds me of Grandaddy a little bit.

4. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

have you never listened to the weakerthans?

5. jco3 Apr 12, 2017
    (Last edited: Apr 12, 2017)
    jco3

Regular

Maybe once or twice in my life. They've always been a band I've never really gotten around to, but I'm aware of them mostly based off of bands I like citing them as an influence or whatever. Why do you ask?

6. Terry

I have a feeling it has something to do with The Weakerthans being mind-bogglingly good. Johns song writing is...incredible. The Weakerthans track "Pamphleteer" changed my life.

cwhit likes this.
  7. ramomcferno

Mystery is the secret ingredient Prestigious

He is an awesome artist. I saw him on his Winter Wheat tour and it was amazing!

8. honkytonk

Narcissism on narcotics

Good choice for a single, love the song! Just saw him over the weekend in a little church basement. Super strange drinking in a church hahah but he put on a great show!

9. jco3

Regular

Yeah, I'll make a point to listen to their stuff. Everything I've heard of them I've liked, but I'll give it a deeper dive.

10. Jared Luttrell

Regular

Been listening to The Weatherthans a lot lately but his solo stuff is pretty good too.