Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

John Gruber on the iPhone SE • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 1, 2016.

1. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

My initial understanding that users couldn't respond to news posts at all was a huge disappointment to me but the article discussion thread is a really good compromise for people who liked the AP way and is honestly probably better. Knowing about that feature sort of takes away all of my reservations - this site is much prettier to look at, easier to use, and just overall better than AP was - I think I'm totally on board after only a day!

2. Thank you! I really appreciate that.

(And I agree!)

3. Olyphantastic

"See you in the car! Best wishes" -Milhouse Supporter

I still have my trusty 4S and while I was pretty content with the idea of eventually upgrading to the 6S, the announcement of the SE had me very excited. I'm strongly leaning toward getting one when I do eventually upgrade...which will be as soon as I can put together the money so probably not as soon as I'd like.

Jason Tate likes this.
  4. I have the 5s and the size is fine to me but I think the 6 size is perfect. I hope they keep going with that size cause I couldn't deal with a phone as big as the 6+ lol

5. ARo24

Regular

Basically how I feel also. After navigating the new site for a day or two now I love it. It looks so much more clean. It was probably more of the shock factor at first haha but I think this site will really take off.

6. DeeZee

If Young Metro Don't Trust You... Prestigious

I picked up the iPhone SE. Owned the 6 Plus and still own the smaller 6S. But I prefer the 4' screen. It's the perfect size for me, I don't care if it's basically a 5S with a few new parts.

Chris Yates likes this.
  7. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I'm STILL using my iPhone 5. Had it since December 2012 and it still works great. I think the 5/5S design is my favorite iPhone design, so I'm definitely intrigued by the SE. This article has me even more intrigued.

Chris Yates likes this.
  8. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

From my personal experience, I honestly liked the 4 a little better than the 5 body design. Ive had to fix the home button and charger port on my 5, which leaves the impression of a decline in quality. Had my 4 for 3 years, same with the 5. The 4 never had issues.

9. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

I've found myself to be using it more often for shortcuts, but not necessarily sure about a deal break. I guess for the question for me would be, since I already use it now, how much I would miss it if I didn't have that feature.

10. CMilliken

Trusted

I would definitely sell my 6S for the SE. I hate big phones. The 4" screen is the perfect size imo.

Chris Yates likes this.
  11. CMilliken

Trusted

I'm finding that I have to force myself to use 3D touch. It comes in handy for some things but overall I don't think I would miss it much.

12. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I think that's probably closest to how I would feel. There are times where I think it'd be helpful to lose a few clicks, but I also forget Siri exists so...perhaps it's not a big deal

CMilliken likes this.
  13. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

After being that guy and not getting the 6, after a year with it I can say Im all for it. If the SE had cosmetically looked like the 6, or 6S(?), I woulda bought it because I actually dig smaller phones.

14. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

So I have an upgrade in a few weeks and now I have no idea what I'm going to do, haha. I have a 5s now. I also have small hands so I don't know if a bigger phone is for me. I suck at making decisions. Seems like I will just have to play with both a fair amount before taking the plunge.

15. red8ge

Regular

Are the Tech/Game round ups coming back?

16. CMilliken

Trusted

I rarely use Siri either.

17. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

I went from a Nexus 6 to a 5S...2" "downgrade" there - but ended up making $150 on that deal. Now that I am back on a small phone I almost feel like I could never go back to a big phone again. Maybe the 4.7" 6S would be ok, but I held a 6S+ in the store and promptly dropped it trying to reach the the top of the screen. It is really nice to be able to use a phone one handed again.